Tomato Joe's Pizza Bakery

Contact 661-263-8646

27732 McBean Parkway (at Decoro), Santa Clarita, California, USA, 91354

Serves meat, vegan options available. Gourmet-style pizza. Offers vegan pizza using Follow Your Heart's vegan soy cheese.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! - Edit

This is my favorite place! Just when I thought I had to give up pizza for good, unless I made it myself, I found this gem of a place. I didn't expect much the first time I was here. I really hate Daiya, so when I ordered, I asked for light cheese. After biting into my first slice, I realized the creamy cheesy goodness I tasted didn't belong to Daiya. After further inquiry, I found out they use Follow Your Heart cheese. The only downfall I have with this place is that I live about 50 miles away. WHaaaaa! I place an order for pick up anytime I find myself within 10 miles of this place. It's probably a good thing for my waistline that I don't live near.

I want to share my favorite pizza combinations with you because I tend to order outside of the box. Everyone I have shared these with- carnivores and all- have enjoyed them. I haven't tried any other crust, other than their beer crust, but I can't imagine the other choices they have being any better than that deliciousness! So, here are my two favorites:

Beer crust
Vegan cheese
Olive oil (instead of pizza sauce)
Vegan chorizo

Zucchini
Artichoke Hearts
Red Peppers
Cashews

Trust me when I say cashews on a pizza are just sinful!

Other points of interest at this place are the many, many choices for everyone. Every time I go in, they seem to add to their menu, even more vegan options.If you aren't vegan, they have about half a dozen crust, sauce, AND cheese choices. They also carry more than the boring traditional toppings. Their banana peppers are even roasted on the premises- no watered down stuff out of a jar! You might think their prices are a little high, but after eating here, that thought won't pop into your head again. They serve a quality product and don't skimp on anything!

Pros: Vegan Options, Gourmet Choices

Cons: Not a franchise

Best Pizza! - Edit

I decided to go to this place because they had options for us vegans as well as for the non vegan members of my family. We were blown away! This is more of a take out place than a sit down restaurant (think a super incredible version of little caesars), but they did have comfy chairs to wait in while they made our pizzas fresh. We got two 16" vegan pizzas (the micro brew crust really is to die for!) and our non veg sister got her own regular pizza.

We took the pizzas home, started chowing down and the oohs/aahs started flowing. This pizza was OUT OF THIS WORLD! So good, in fact, that our sister stopped eating her regular pizza and started stealing ours. Another win for the vegans!

They use soy cheese (I think from Follow Your Heart), so I couldn't eat there often cause I'm trying to watch my soy intake, but for the rare pizza craving this place is TOTALLY worth it! (Don't forget the micro-brew crust!)

Pros: Really nice people, Micro-brew crust, amazingly fresh toppings

Great pizza! - Edit

I've lived just up the street from this place for most of my life and when I found out that there was a new pizza place moving in with VEGAN pizza options, I couldn't believe it. I've been going to Tomato Joe's for quite some time now and am very impressed with the vegan pizza they offer. The staff are nice and the owners are well educated about veganism. I recommend getting a vegan pizza made with the Viking Beer crust. It's really good! In case anyone was wondering, they use "Vegan Gourmet" as the soy cheese and not "Daiya", but I happen to love both so it doesn't really bother me which brand they go with.

Amazing pizza - Edit

Has a array of vegan options from crust, (beer batter is amazing), cheese, pepperoni and sausage, sauces and vegetables. The staff is very helpful about your choices and the pizza I had was delicious. No problems at all. My non-Vegan family ordered a normal pizza and loved theirs as well.

Pros: Delicious , Affordable

Return to Santa Clarita Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tomato Joe's Pizza Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1499 times since Oct 2008.