Tom Yum

• ( 20 reviews )

Andrássy út 2, Budapest, Hungary, 1065

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai restaurant that has a special vegan logo (the "Thailand Vegan" symbol) on its menu indicating all the dishes that can be made vegan. Most vegan dishes can also be made gluten free. Vegan items include spring rolls, tom yum, tom khaa, red curry, yellow curry, panang curry and more. All the desserts are also vegan. Please note that the pad Thai cannot be made vegan and contains fish sauce. Open Mon-Sun 11:00-23:00.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Gluten-free, Non-veg

First Review by LaPetiteVegane

MarieChartier

Points +136

31 Aug 2020

Delicious tofu pad Thai !!!

You can turn plate for vegan. They had the label Thai vegan, so nice if you traveling with someone who is not vegan !

Pros: Amazing staff , Delicious food , Lovely place

SandroMac

Points +130

30 Aug 2020

Don’t eat here

We were very disappointed. The food is very bland and overpriced. We had a coconut soup as a starter, which was super watery and sour. As main we had wok noodles with vegetables ... and it was pretty much just that without any flavor whatsoever. I don’t like to nag, but you definitely should avoid eating here. And if you do: the Pad Thai can not be made vegan, although it seem the waiters sometimes sat so. Pad Thai sauce has fish in it!

Llainey

Points +204

06 Feb 2020

Nice food

Good place to eat with meat eaters. I had spring rolls and pad thai with tofu. Both were lovely. Waitress understood my needs and helped me with the menu.

wilsonschneidg

Points +1605

04 Feb 2020

Okay food

Good if you are with a meat eater. Far from the best Thai I have had, but is good enough. Not cheap compared to other options nearby but not the worst price either. Just OK.

The waiter had to clarify with me what vegan meant which worried me. The menu said ‘ask for vegan’, if my memory stands correct 🤔

AlisonA97

Points +382

27 Jan 2020

Standard Thai food

I was craving Thai food so I found this place. The menu had a vegan label next to all dishes that can be made vegan upon request. The staff were friendly and veganising dishes was no problem for them. I ordered the spring rolls (called something different on the menu) and they were incredible. I also ordered the pad Thai but that was just average. It would have been nice if they had pad see ew since that’s my go to Thai dish so I was a little disappointed that they didn’t have it. Overall this was a nice place. If you’re craving Thai it’s worth a visit but if you want a really nice and amazing meal then maybe go somewhere else.

kellydecoste

Points +34

23 Jan 2020

Great! LOTS OF VEGAN OPTION!

Super easy to get recommendations for vegan food on the menu. I’ve already been to thailand twice and i have to say the pad tasted almost like the classic one. Well done! Good curry too!

Evvy-Lisa

Points +13

Vegetarian
26 Nov 2019

Would not recommend

A lot of vegetarian options, and well marked with green symbol. But the food didn't taste good and there were no tofu. I had a red curry.

Pros: Friendly staff, Vegetarian options are marked

Cons: Food did not taste good

Sarahlou30

Points +32

24 Nov 2019

Tasty food.

Tasty food at Tom Yum, I’ve just had vegetable spring rolls followed by vegan pad Thai. They were accommodating when asking about vegan food. It was limited to only a few dishes however. All in all nice not to eat fried as there is an abundance of it here in Budapest.

Pros: Attentive staff, Tasty food, Rushed

Cons: Limited choice for vegans

mbatch17

Points +128

05 Nov 2019

Very nice

Really liked how easy it was to order vegan food from this non-vegan menu (it gets a bit draining to constantly ask). Staff were friendly, food was yummy, music was nice, price was average. Great if you are craving a little Thai. Only complaint is their use of an image of a tortured elephant on their place mats. It's 2019 people: Wild animals should be wild!

TabbyHope

Points +42

01 Oct 2019

Great for vegan & meat eaters

Amazing food for all

Pros: Great options , Lovely staff, Tasty food

yulk

Points +38

Vegetarian
21 Sep 2019

Lots of options & tasty food

I think more than 10 main menus were available in vegetarian, which is unusual. There were both fresh & rich, greasy options.

sarah91

Points +164

07 Sep 2019

Good option to visit with meat-eaters

Tasty food, labelled well, clean restaurant.

Pros: Good portion sizes

danialexandramiller

Points +104

07 Aug 2019

Lots of vegan options

Really good Thai food with a clearly labeling menu, where most dishes can we made vegan easily. The prices were really reasonable and the portions were well sized. Definitely a great vegan option in the area

Faerie-Suzy

Points +23

03 Jul 2019

Ok

Ok food, but staff didn't seem to understand vegan despite clear labelling on menu. We ordered vegan pad Thai and realised it had egg in it. The staff said we should have asked egg to be removed separately even though we ordered it vegan, which made me suspicious they didn't understand vegan means no egg. They were quite brusque when replacing with an egg free pad Thai and were openly laughing at us. The replacement tasted very odd and smoky and we wondered if it had been cooked alongside meat. Wouldn't recommend for vegans.

Pros: Good selection, Clear menu

Cons: Bad attitude, Didn't understand veganism

SamMcCallum

Points +58

26 Jun 2019

Excellent food, pricier than most places

Really good menu, loads of options, tasty food but quite expensive considering everywhere else we’d been

Pros: Nice atmosphere , Delicious food, Lots of options

Cons: Slightly expensive

FrancheskadelPilar

Points +370

10 Jun 2019

Lots of options

The most memorable dishes were the Tom Yum soup and the Pad Thai because they were very flavourful and tasted very authentic. Lots of vegan options which are clearly marked on the menu.

Food was great, only downside was the service. The hostess seated us upstairs, but our waitress couldn’t find us because apparently we were not allowed to be seated up there. We had to wait extra long to order but the food made up for it.

Pros: Lots of options

Cons: Service was lacking

Sharonastel

Points +54

20 Apr 2019

לבחור היטב

מרק קארי צהוב וחלב קוקוס היה טעים מאוד וטיבעוני לבקשתי. לא הכל מוצלח.

DésiréeSchmid

Points +18

22 Dec 2018

Tasty curry

It‘s a nice place, tasty curry, waitress was not very nice (maybe because it‘s christmas soon), be aware of the thai cocktails, seems to be with milk and very very sweet.

Pros: Many vegan options, Good curry

Cons: Waitress, Cocktail with milk, not specified

JillNash

Points +58

08 Dec 2018

Great food

Delicious Thai food. After a hard decision (not used to so much choice!) I went for the Sweetcorn fritters and then Pad Thai. I was not disappointed. My only criticism is that the portions are so big!!

Pros: Lots of choice, Cozy, friendly atmosphere

LaPetiteVegane

Points +91

02 Nov 2018

Incredible vegan Thai food

I've already been there 4 times in 3 weeks. I can't get enough of it. The food is brilliant. Vegetarian / Vegan options clearly marked on the menu. I had vegan gluten-free spring rolls, vegan tom yum soup, vegan red curry and vegan fried rice. They even made me a vegan papaya salad even though it was not marked as an option on the menu. Their lychee-cucumber and strawberry-basil lemonades are to die for. The staff is very helpful when it comes to vegan food or food intolerances. Highly recommended.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Most of vegan options can be made gluten-free, Lemonades

Cons: A bit on the pricey side, The pad Thai can't be made vegan

Return to Budapest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tom Yum closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.