Tokyo Mamehana Kobo

• Other Other
  • Vegan
03-68851910

1-19 Sudacho, Kanda, Chiyodaju, Tokyo, Japan

Small shop serving Taiwanese douhua (tofu flower) which is fresh silken tofu in sugar/syrup. Offers warm douhua at all times and cold douhua from April to October. Order process: choose eat-in or take-out, choose toppings, choose sugar and syrup, then pay. Outlets at some seats available. No English menu or WiFi. Open Mon-Tue 11:30am-6:00pm, Thu-Sun 11:30am-6:00pm.

First Review by Tomo Okabe

Only five minutes from Electric Town - Edit

Tiny, backstreet cafe with just two tables and serving just one dish. But what a dish! It's a sweet soupy broth with a choice of toppings including tofu, barley, peanuts and mung beans.
The lady who runs it doesn't speak much English but don't let that put you off. She knew what the words vegan and vegetarian meant, and she was thrilled when we showed her the pictures on Happy Cow!

Pros: Cheap, easy to find.

Cons: No choices, only one dish

A must if you are near the neighborhood. - Edit

Doufa is one of my favorite dessert that I enjoy whenever I am in Taiwan.
And I must say that now I found this place I do not have to fly over to Taipei to enjoy this delicious sweetness.
Each bowl is about 5-600 yen (excluding tax) but it was such an amazing experience that I highly recommend trying.
It was, if not more, a genuine Doufa for sure.

Pros: Delicious , Sweet, Authentic

Cons: Expensive?

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tokyo Mamehana Kobo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.