Tofunia

Contact 02-27557380

19, Lane 38, TongHua St, Da'an District, Taipei, Taiwan, 106

豆腐尼亞, at 大安區通化街38巷19號, is a vegan restaurant that opened in summer 2016 near Xinyi Anhe MRT station exit 3. Serves primarily western style food like pizza (its specialty) plus pasta, quesadilla, burgers, and ratatouille. Beverages are coffee drinks, organic black bean tea, smoothies. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Western, Take-out

First Review by JesseD

Great Variety, Flavorful & Reasonable Prices - Edit

I think the other reviews did a good job in describing most of the place already. All people from raw food lovers, to Gluten avoiders and Garlictabooists will find respective choices here. So you can have a nice variety from Healthy&Light, to plain indulgent. We shared the Raw Zucchini Pasta as a starter. It was light&fresh, with a cashew sauce. The main dish was the Vegetable Pizza which was very generously decorated with all kinda vegetables and covered by a nicely melted sticky vegan cheese. The dough was crsipy. It had some cumin in it which I did not mind but people not loving the taste should say so. We finished with the cheese cake which was awesome and very rich. But we did expect it to be frozen so we had it served at the same time with the main dish so when we came to the cake the consistency was perfect.
We left with a full and happy tummy yet did not spend an ureasonable price for it (around 300$ per person)

Pros: generous portions, reasoanble prices, all home made and freshly prepared

Cons: We were so full we could not try more

Loved it! - Edit

I loved Tofunia! I had the vegan Mac & Cheese and it was so delicious. The portion was big enough as well.

I wanted to try the pizza as well but I was told that it wasn't ideal to take out the bell pepper because they use A LOT of it. They also said soon pizzas can be customized...so I can't wait! :)

I also liked the fact that they don't provide plastic straws and instead use stainless steel ones.

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere

Fantastic new Vegan Spot in Taipei but ADDRESS is WRONG - Edit

There's long been a vacuum for mid-range vegan restaurants in Taipei, and Tofunia takes the tofu - and the pizza, another vacuum to fill - as a perfect place to help fill this void.
This new vegan-owned and operated restaurant serves a range of Western and fusion foods cooked by a friendly and talented European chef. The inside is simple and pleasant, food is healthy and fantastic and prices are very reasonable for food this good in downtown Taipei.
I ordered a Green Pizza, which was loaded up with freshly-cooked green vegetables, tofu and a generous portion of vegan cheese, cooked to perfection. This and a smoothie came to NT400 - excellent value for food this good.

One important thing to note: the address is wrong, because even the almighty Google can't read Taiwanese addresses in English. Please Google the address (searching for Tofunia in English works) or copy and paste the Chinese-language address from the description into Google Maps. It's closest MRT stop is Xinyi Anhe Station. I have updated Happycow, but it might take a few days to come through. I will remove this note once it is updated.

Updated from previous review on 2016-10-15

Pros: Delicious, healthy vegan food, Beautiful two-storey interior, friendly staff and great vibe

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tofunia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.