Tofu Shop - Henderson

• Health-food-store Health Store
    ( 1 review )
09-8360616

Unit D, Pioneer Street, Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand

Asian grocery and food market chain with locations in and around Auckland. Sells a range of vegetarian products, Asian cooking ingredients, mockmeats, and frozen food, the majority of which are suitable for vegans. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:30pm.

1 Review

First Review by lotus.light

Love the Tofu Shop! - Edit

I'm a huge fan of the Tofu Shops scattered around the country. The Henderson branch is probably my go-to branch as it's the nearest one to me.

I love buying the durian-with-coconut-sticky-rice, and mango-with-coconut-sticky-rice (will post pics later). As someone who grew up eating durian as a kid, I can vouch for the taste and authenticity. It's a really good substitute for fresh durian, and not hideously expensive.

I've treated myself to frozen durian here, and while the taste was watered down compared to fresh durian, it wasn't too bad. Price-wise, if you're craving durian, I highly recommend the durian-with-sticky-rice box.

Besides these treats, I buy the usual groceries found in Asian stores - tofu, (black) soy milk, dried fruits (e.g. cranberries), and snacks from Malaysia and Singapore. This is one of my regular grocery shopping spots.

Pros: DURIAN

Return to Auckland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tofu Shop - Henderson closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.