Tofu Shop

• Other Other
707-822-7401

65 Frank Martin Court, Arcata, California, USA, 95521

Manufacturer and wholesaler of a full line of organic tofu products. Does not sell directly to the public.

First Review by ForestNymph

This Tofu Will Keep You in Humboldt County - Edit

I always buy this local tofu, I get the extra firm to use in a curry I often make and I can't say enough about the superior quality of this tofu. HSU also keeps it in the cafeteria and it's so good it can be eaten plain and cold on a salad without being slimy or odd-tasting. I never had tofu of quality like this anywhere else unless I paid for a fancy meal at an Asian restaurant. They also make snack sticks which are excellent. I like the smoked variety, but I know people who prefer the barbecue.

Pros: Local, Delicious, Wonderful consistency/firmness

Cons: What will I do when I leave Arcata?

Contributions +285

If I could only make or get these choices at home! - Edit

First off - I am a Soy lover. I actually love love love the stuff. I can eat raw unflavored block tofu like others munch on peanuts, but, how amazingly great it is when I have the option for yummy flavors and textures beyond the block!
So my faves - the Barbecue and the Spicy Barbecue sticks are great, but are they my favorites. Not sure, because that would mean I like them better than the Alder Smoked Sticks. But if I claimed that as my favorite, it would mean I like it better than the amazingly delicious Sausage Patties.
Really, it's just too hard to decide. And for an alternate to the firm stuff, try some of the Tofu Dill Dip, or the freaking amazing Smoked Tofu Spread. And also, great and fresh made Soymilk in plain, vanilla or chocolate - Yumm!!
Made with all Organic Soybeans and organic and fresh ingredients. Their claim to fame is "Small Batches - Handmade"
Order it from the Shop, or get it at any local stores and many restaurants you go to in the County will be using Tofu Shop products.

Pros: Delicious, Many Many Choices and Varieties, Independent, Small Scale, Hand Made

Cons: You may over indulge!

Return to Arcata Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tofu Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.