Get the HappyCow App

HappyCow mobile application
The App Stores #1 vegetarian and vegan restaurant guide
Thousand of listings across the globe
Featured on CNN, NY Times, and Wall Street Journal
Download the app

© HappyCow 2018

Tofu Hut

360-456-8638

4804 Pacific Ave SE (at Ruddell), Lacey, Washington, USA, 98503

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tofu is the specialty here. Vegetarian and vegan dishes are marked on the menu. Uses fresh vegetables. Rice, noodle, stir frys, stews, and more. Vegan cake available daily. Unique soundtrack, with indie bands playing most of the time. Reopened Jan 2018. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by mandapanda

rehewitt09

Contributions +20

09 Jul 2018

Excellent food! - Edit

Found this place on Happy Cow and it had great reviews so we decided to stop. Glad we did. The food was amazing. Lots and lots of vegan options.

chanelsharee

Contributions +52

11 Apr 2018

I LOVE this restaurant! - Edit

This may be my favorite restaurant in the area. Beautiful setting, indoors and out on the patio. Natural light and comfortable environment. Lots of yummy vegan options or options that can be made vegan. Vegan sushi roll might be my favorite vegan sushi in town.

sarahburnsy

Contributions +125

30 Aug 2016

Top 5 Best Restaurants EVER! - Edit

I'm pretty sure I have just found one of the BEST restaurants EVER! My husband and I are vegan and almost everything on the menu can be made vegan, the menu is clearly marked and you just have to let them know. We started with the Tofu Platter, which was amazing. There were three very different parts to the platter, each had different tastes and textures. My husband had the Sweet and Sour Tofu and Veggies on Rice. This was KILLER! It wasn't too sweet, it was fresh and the pineapple flavor was so good. The tofu is cooked to perfection with the best texture. The veggies were all fresh with a crunch, it was the best sweet and sour tofu we've ever had, hands down. I had the Viet Garden Bowl, and this was even better than what my husband ordered. Again, fresh veggies, wonderful flavor and noodles with the perfect texture. If you don't live near Olympia, you need to drive, fly or float on over because I've been across the country eating healthy, tasty vegan food and this is on my top 5 list for sure. It's probably tied for first place to be honest. EAT AT THIS PLACE!

Pros: Best Food, Fresh, Many Vegan Options

Cons: Not 100% Vegan

sarahburnsy

18 Feb 2018
Almost two years later and I still love this place. It's under new ownership and it's even BETTER! 90% of the menu can be vegan and is marked. The owner is so nice and cares about her customers! The food is still badass, I had the Vegan Korean Japchae today and it was perfect! I really love Tofu Hut!

WillowNicole

Contributions +32

28 Mar 2015

Amazing food - Edit

This place is by far my favorite place to eat in the oly/lacey area. It's reasonably priced, fresh tasting, and quick(usually). The food is always amazing. I've had nearly all the vegan options I think by now. Ha. Not sure if I can pick a favorite. It's all good.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, clean, nice staff

ASomerville

Contributions +432

18 Feb 2015

Nice Surprise - Edit

Good food, many vegan options, menu is clearly marked, and server was helpful. Excellent all around!

Pros: Variety of vegan options, Service

vegannoms

Contributions +24

04 Feb 2014

Wonderful - Edit

This place hits all the marks on my vegan check list. Clearly marked vegan options on the menu, delicious food, and obvious commitment to making sure everything they label as vegan actually is. They also have very friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere. Olympia is a veg-friendly city, but I enjoy Tofu Hut more than most other restaurants because I don't have to hassle a server about what I can eat on the menu and I can enjoy my food without wondering if the server has taken into account that a sauce may have fish in it or that sort of thing. This restaurant is a solid and enjoyable old stand-by.

Pros: Good food, Clearly marked veggie options, The food you get is actually vegan

Cons: Not as good if you're looking for fancy, Wish they had thai iced tea or coffee, Overall not a great drink selection

Veganhomecook

Contributions +20

19 Dec 2013

great Asian Fusion - Edit

I came to this restaurant for lunch during the week. And despite being very busy and having one sever the food came out quickly hot and the service was supper friendly.
Food was amazing if you like Asian fusion that is. It has a little taste of everything Japanese, Korean, Chinese.
Over all great experience, ambience, music, and staff. I will be coming back to dine here.

adaiire

Contributions +16

18 Apr 2013

Yum :) - Edit

The Spring Rolls are a perfect healthy treat. Vegan and only $5.00 an order! Served with peanut sauce. It's a great option for a lighter meal or snack. In my experience, take out it ready in about 10 minutes.

Pros: Food, Inexpensive, Vegan options

Cons: Serves Meat

thoor_ballylee

Contributions +321

23 Aug 2011

Americanized Chinese food, for veggies and vegans. - Edit

Good solid place to eat an asian meal I suppose. That being said I would not feel the need to go back here on my own. There are many vegan options but the food is salty and too "American" feeling for my taste.. Like American versions of Chinese food, salty and boring, so it's not super my style but that being said the food was not bad and the place was nice and laid back. All wood and and a cool place to relax and talk. The back area is nice and the times I have gone, just haning out with friends can make it worth while. You'll get a lot of soy and rice and veggies and, while nothing special, it is filling and hard to go wrong.

Pros: lots of vegan options., laid back and nice to hang out.

Cons: serves meat., food is average.

mandapanda

Contributions +16

19 Dec 2009

Delicious, good atmosphere - Edit

This is my go-to place for take-out in the Olympia area, despite trying to cut down on soy.. The owners are very sweet and attentive, and the food is very good (but remember to specifiy if youre vegan). To break it down, Ive had:
Sauteed Tofu- I didnt like it, probably a personal taste thing. The sauce just didnt please me.
Fresh Spring Rolls- I get these whenever I can. The sauce especially is the perfect balance of sweet and peanut-taste. Not to mention, the crunch of the deep fried tofu with the soft wrapper is just pure yum.
Potstickers- Pretty good, a little bland but the sauce gives it a kick of taste.
Inari Sushi- I dont know what this really is, but it is DELICIOUS. Purely vegan, too. If you love salty foods, try this.
V-8 Delights- This is what I normally get. Nothing too special, fried tofu and veggies with rice, but the sauce is spectacular. I order it with brown rice, and you cant tell. Its sweet but not overbearing, nice any-time dinner.
They also have vegan cakes from a local bakery, that are incredible. The red velvet is a little too rich for me, but the carrot is super yummy, with lots of fall spices and yummy frosting.
If youre looking for a new place to eat, try here. It doesnt much anything youve heard of before (besides the inari sushi), but it has a bunch you might not be able to find veganised anywhere else. And even if you can, this place does it pretty darn good. Try it.

Pros: Good Staff, Delicious Food

Cons: No Unique Food Items

Return to Lacey Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tofu Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.