Tofu House Korean BBQ

661-864-7782

5550 California Ave Ste 106, Bakersfield, California, USA, 93309

Serves meat, vegan options available. Be warned that this restaurant offers Korean BBQ so you might smell meat cooking. Otherwise, on the menu are also various vegetable dishes. Specify if you are vegan and ask about shrimp/fish paste in sauces or cooking. Modern ambiance.

Category: Take-out, Korean, Non-veg

First Review by RonLaran

Good food - Edit

I ate there while I was in town for a funeral. I was hesitant at first, as I am not found of chain restaurants, but decided to give it a try.

I let my waiter know of my dietary requirements prior to my ordering and asked for suggestions. He was very patient while I ordered and assisted me with changes to my meal. I was with my non vegan sisters who helped keep the atmosphere light with a little teasing and joking.

The food was very good, well seasoned and I was given extra appetizers. The owner even came out and conversed with us prior to departing.

We attempted to return the next night but were not able to find it.

Pros: Great food , Friendly Service, Nice ambience

never again - Edit

we told them no animals, no fish, we are vegan... they served us sardines and pig skin in the appetizer! when getting refund the man mocked us saying ''not even a lil meat? wow.'' never will go back.

Cons: rude, sneak meat in dishes, dumb workers

Great Vegetarian/Vegan Food - Edit

Love the food @ The Tofu house. The side dishes are wonderful. Black beans, orange colored mashed potato with pumpkin squash is delicious . Seaweed salad included in side dishes are really tasty.

Getting to the main dishes: tofu & vegetable stew can be made mild or spicy. Several of our favorites. But...Be sure to ask that it is prepared with water. Bipenbop in a bowl with veggies on rice is comfort food @ it's best. Ask for a bit more of dried seaweed on top. An excellent appetizer is orange tofu. Wonderful orange sauce with a bit of sweet in it. The staff is very attentive. Ohhh by the way you can get refills on the side dishes.

A good dining experience. Reasonably priced with lunch specials.

Pros: Great vegetarian/ vegan dishes, Great service, Good sized portions

Tofu House is delicious - Edit

This place is amazing and very generous with the banchan (their kimchi is outstanding). Tell them you're vegetarian/vegan and they will be more than happy to accommodate! I've enjoyed the orange tofu appetizer, the vegetarian bibimbap combo, and the japchae combo. All very good and the portions were so generous I had leftovers for days. And you can't beat the spectacular window view to an active oil pumpjack.

Pros: vegan/vegetarian friendly, generous and delicious portions, friendly staff

Cons: some dishes a bit too spicy, some dishes come out sizzling hot,

Return to Bakersfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tofu House Korean BBQ closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.