Toasty's Grilled Cheese Shop

n/a

220 W Superior St, Duluth, Minnesota, USA, 55802

Serves meat, vegan options available. Sandwich place. Has vegan cheese. Uses local produce and some organic products. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Robinwomb

Decent - Edit

I visited Toasty's for the first time last Saturday. I went to the one on Ninth Street East. I was impressed with the friendliness and willingness of the wait staff to make sure my grilled cheese sandwich was completely vegan, butter and all. The food was simple but delicious, though a little on the greasy side (typical of restaurant food anyway). The cafe is small, no frills, but cozy and there is a variety of seating arrangements. I like that Toasty's uses local organic bread from the Positively Third Street Bakery and organic fruit. I am impressed that this little cafe includes Daiya cheese for vegans, and vegan suitable bread and butter. I was able to make a nice meal with my sandwich, tortilla chips, and fresh fruit. The prices were fairly reasonable. I would visit this restaurant again (maybe the next time I get a hankering for a grilled cheese sandwich). Parking is on street, but didn't seem too hard to find even on a Saturday night. It's worth a visit for a few vegan comfort food items! Due to the small size, the wait for your food is short and sweet!

Pros: Quality local organic ingredients, Friendly wait staff, vegan comfort food!

Cons: Parking is on street, Cafe is small so seating may be hit or miss

Return to Duluth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Toasty's Grilled Cheese Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.