Toad Style

Contact 347-789-1589

93 Ralph Ave, Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11221

Small vegan eatery with seats for 12, est. summer 2015 Offers seasonal, soy-free menu of sandwiches and sides. Everything aside from the bread is made in-house, including the cheese, ketchup, and hot sauce. Open Tue-Fri 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by veganed

best breakfast sandwich of my life - Edit

Tiny, casual place serving up all vegan, soy free sandwiches. They have GF options and the staff were super friendly. i got the breakfast sandwich which was honestly one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. Would recommend! oh also they were playing afro-beat and projecting old Kung fu movies so how could you go wrong.

Pros: all vegan, allergy friendly

Cons: not a lot of seating

Toad Style Yeah! - Edit

Toad Style isn't trying to be fancy, but if well honed sandwiches, deep fried whatever and credible homemade vegan cheese is your crave then trek out here. I'm giving them five stars because they play vintage Kung Fu movies and pump 80s underground rap. I felt like I was back in the EV. Only this ain't no Life Café. More like a squat. Their Greek feta salad was killa though.

Pros: nice variety of really yum sandwiches, great deep fry, credible taste to the homemade vegan cheese

Cons: great deep fry, if it gets crowded you can't see through the wall

This place is amazing! - Edit

What the heck if you didnt give this place 5 stars, its soooooo good! Give it a try! What I like about a place that deep fries things is I wouldnt do that at home and so its a treat. The flavors are great and well thought out and thank goodness no daiya! Love this place!

Pros: make their own cheese

Cons: it's addictive

best vegan choice in this neighborhood - Edit

Nothing earth shattering on the menu but what they have is well done. I had the bbq jackfruit with grilled slaw sandwich, plenty of flavour and deep texture. Ambience is nothing special so go for the crunk or not at all.

Pros: all vegan, junk-y

Cons: junk-y

Meh... - Edit

Unfortunately I don't have too many positive things to say about this place. Most of their menu items are deep fried, the cheese sauce is too salty and they really only specialize in vegan junk food. If you're in the mood for junk food and In Brooklyn (this location is in a a bit of an obscure neighborhood), I guess it couldn't hurt to try it. I don't live in Brooklyn and made a special trip and wouldn't trek it again.

There are better places to do the "vegan junk food" thing like Champs, Red Bamboo, or Chef Chloe.

Pros: Fast service

Cons: Restaurant space is very basic , Deep fried EVERYTHING

delicious mock philly cheese steak - Edit

Went there today for the first time and had the best mock philly cheese steak ever... And the cheese fries are out of this world. Only draw back was no bottled water, I'm fine with Tap but not everyone likes fruit flavors in their water, so that was disappointing. Would love to go back to try their burger and eggplant parm.

good food but pricey for what you get - Edit

I feel bad about posting this, as the guys who own this place are really nice and it's a new spot, but I found prices to be rather steep for what you get here. I had the Bahn Mi which was really good but the portion was average at best and it cost $10. All the sides were around $4 each so you're looking at close to 15 bucks for a sandwich and fries on average. And the place itself is sparse and doesn't have a great deal of ambience, which I couldn't care less about, but I couldn't justify the high prices at this place.

Excellent, inspired vegan food at a reasonable price! - Edit

I love this place. Really unique and delicious sandwiches. The bahn mi and meatball sub were incredible. Fried cauliflower side had Kentucky fried chicken like breading....so good. It's a small place, not fancy at all, with old Kung fu movie posters on the wall, a free atari arcade machine, free stickers, self serve lemon water, cool vibe, nice staff.

Pros: all vegan, inexpensive, fast service

Cons: none

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Toad Style closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1548 times since Aug 2015.