Toad Hollow Cafe

985-893-8711

207 N New Hampshire St, Covington, Louisiana, USA, 70433

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has tempeh tacos, a spicy tofu bowl, dairy-free organic chocolate mousse, and a few other veg items. Uses local farmers' produce. Open Tue-Sun 8:00am-2:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by gogodless

Amazing!!! - Edit

I have a not so funny, funny story about this Cafe! A few weeks ago I was told this was an all vegan restaurant, so I went and I'm sure you know the outcome of this story. I left angry because it wasn't vegan at all, just organic. Well I downloaded this app and I did "veg options" and this restaurant popped up! So I did more research and found out that it does have some delicious vegan options! So today my boyfriend and I gave it another try, and I'm SO SO happy that we did! Our waitress "molly" was very informative and helped guide me through the vegan options in the menu, which I really appreciated! My boyfriend isn't vegan nor vegetarian, so he ordered a burger. I ordered a Tempeh Bowl (vegan) and it was the most delicious thing I've eaten in a very long time. It was flavorful and definitely filled me up! My non vegan boyfriend tried a bite of mine, and was amazed! He ended up making a Facebook status talking about how my vegan food tasted 1000x better than his Kobe burger that he ordered! (Which he loved, he just liked mine better.) This will definitely become a usual place we come to eat, I'm so happy I did more research and gave this place another try!

Pros: Tempeh Bowl..TO DIE FOR, Flavorful hummus , Beautiful artwork on the walls

Cons: A cup of juice is a little pricey

Off the Beaten Path - Edit

This place is a hidden gem! I stopped off in Covington while traveling along I-12, and I'm so glad I did. The staff was super nice, the restaurant was very cute, and the food was delicious. I had the Curry Tofu Scramble, and they were more than happy to make it sans mushrooms for me. Definitely worth the extra few miles drive from the highway!

Northshore vegan heaven - Edit

This is one of the very few restaurants on the Northshore where the staff doesn't look at you funny when you say "vegan." Although it serves a variety of food, including a number of selections for omnivores, this place has more vegetarian options than all other Northshore restaurants combined, and when I asked for vegan alternatives, I was cheerfully accommodated. All the food is delicious and fresh and the staff are laid-back and helpful. The tofu bowl, tofu curry scramble and tempeh tacos are standouts. It can get crowded and loud at lunchtime, but the payoff is more than worth it. Love this place!!
Updated from previous review on Saturday June 22, 2013

Pros: excellent food, great vibe, super-friendly staff

Cons: noisy at peak times

Return to Covington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Toad Hollow Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.