First Review by MoniqueGordon

lovely - Edit

so much taste food! the place is very nice. the crew was lovely. there are so many food choises you can take you will be overwelmd and after you pay you a relly small prise you can take as much as you want!
moost of the food was a very sulty , so if you are not in to that, you mey reconsider coming

Cons: moost of the food was a very sulty , so if you are

Great food! - Edit

Had the large takeaway, £4.5 seems fair as I am very full :) food is alright. If you're not a fan of "mock meats" you will have less options, still plenty to choose from tho.
Don't skip the sesame bread!!!!! It's a bit greasy but so yummy, I wish I had taken more!

Shut up and take my money! - Edit

These guys are the business. Went vegan a year ago and will never look back, but occasionally missed the kind of food this place offers. Delicious, hearty, awesome satisfying asian food. You could bring a group of meat eaters here and they'd be satisfied, you could bring raw foodies here and they'd be satisfied, you could bring your grandma here and she'd give up meat. We left tonight feeling satisfied like I haven't been in over a year. Excellent food and cheap too. £6.90 for all you can eat! Are you kidding me? If it wasn't making delicious vegan food available to such a wide group of people, I'd say they should be raising their prices, I'd happily pay.

Keep up the good work!

Pros: Huge selection of food, Highly convincing meat substitutes, Kind, friendly, happy staff

Cons: None really... Super happy.

Lots To Choose From! - Edit

My partner and I popped in here to grab a takeaway, after I'd had my hair cut at The Rabbit Hole. There's certainly a lot to choose from!! Some of it was quite greasy, and I wouldn't say healthy, but there were healthier things to choose from.

Pros: Lots to choose from!, All Vegan

Cons: Quite crowed at times when getting food, Some quite greasy

Good buffet - Edit

Here everything is vegan and all you can eat, fine. but this doesn't mean that it is fantastic. It is alright, especially if you are very hungry. Nothing it's particularly memorable though.

Amazing buffet - Edit

My favourite vegan buffet. Love the mock meats and battered bits alongside healthy fruit and veg. My 4 year old son doesn't eat much, so they agreed he would be eating for free! Looking forward to my next visit.

Pros: great selection, good value

The best buffet in London - Edit

If you are a vegan in London and like Thai food that this is the place to go. Incredible variety of meals, very affordable and everything is just so tasty! The staff is so pleasant, they are always smiling and making you feel positive. Too bad I don't live in London, I would visit very often!

Pros: cheap, tasty, positive staff

Great buffet - Edit

My partner went to this place. He enjoyed the Great buffet style meal just for 6.5 pounds. The meals mostly contain tofu with some salad and noodles.

Pros: Vegan Vegan Vegan, Affordable, Eat as much as you want

Cons: Soya in everything

It is all Vegan. Okay food 3.5/5 - Edit

The food in this place is a bit bland. The black bean tofu had too many onions and not enough peppers and black bean sauce. It was also cold. The spring rolls seemed putrified and as if they'd been sitting there since 8am! (I had lunch around 4pm). There was a large variety of mock meats and fruit. Everything I tried was palatable with added chilli sauce, but nothing special. The sort of place i'd go to once every few months as opposed to once a week. I think the green bean salad could be improved with beansprouts, and overall I think they need to beore generous with the sauces they have with their mock meats. Finally they need to imcest in better food heating wells because their current apparatus doesn't keep the food warm at all. Worth a visit someday but if you're a visitor to London I would advise going to 222veggievegan, tibits, or gallerycafe. If you want vegan chinese then this place is on par with loving hut edgware. Loving hut Edgware is a more hygienic looking establishment though.

Pros: Good variety, Fairly cheap, Friendly staff

Cons: Hidden 10% service charge, Cold food, Bland and dry food

Great value Asian buffet - Edit

I wish I had have discovered this place years ago. I really enjoyed the great selection on the serve-yourself buffet spread, which consisted of mock meat dishes such as black been 'beef' and sweet and sour 'chicken'. For those not into mock meats, there are plenty of other more standard options such as spring rolls. I went there for a late dinner and the food was being topped up continually so it wasn't a 'food sitting there for hours under heat lamps' buffet. What I can't comprehend are the reviews giving the impression that this place is trying to rip you off with hidden charges. At dinner, for all-you-can-eat it costs £6.90! That is shockingly good value. A 10% service charge? Still fantastic value. What's more the costs are written clearly in the window in big signage and there were plenty of staff standing around to answer questions so they can have my extra 70p as I see it!
I'll be going back soon to try the dishes I was too full to eat in my first visit!

Pros: Open late, Tasty vegan food, Excellent value

Decent asian buffet - Edit

I had read the reviews on Happycow before going to this place, so knew what to expect before arriving.

It's a cheap and cheerful all you can eat asian-style buffet. There are a good selection of dishes to choose from, and you can go back to the buffet as many times as you like for a refill. In addition to various noodle and tofu/mock meat options, there are also some more mainstream ones like fried potatoes. They also have dressings available such as ginger & spring onion, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce etc.

Everything was quite tasty, maybe not exceptional, but not bad at all. However there isn't much labelling to tell what is what.

The 10% service charge added to the bill is a little silly for a buffet, but it's not expensive to begin with so it's not a big deal.

Pros: Inexpensive, reasonably tasty, Single charge, all you can eat

Cons: Lacks any ingredient/dietary labelling, Pointless service charge

it is the same as "dou-dou" and "Tao"! - Edit

These three restaurant are the same,
Only different names. So if you know the other two- it has exactly the same food.

But other than that- the food is good, don't expect something new and interesting, but if you're into filling your stomach it is the place for you !

Good selection but be aware of the hidden charge! - Edit

I live local to Shepherd's Bush and have eaten at To-fu a number of times. The all-you-can eat buffet is inexpensive at just under £7 per adult and the choice definitely includes something for everyone although the dishes are always the same (mock meat curries, rice, noodles, vegetable dishes, chips, tempura, mini spring rolls). When you arrive you are shown to a table and handed a plate so that you can begin serving yourself. When paying, note that there is a 10% service charge automatically added to the bill. Considering that you self-serve for the entire duration, I personally think that this is cheeky. Don't be afraid to decline to pay this added charge - especially if you have not ordered drinks and have not actually been served in any way. Not the best quality veggie Chinese in London (go to Loving Hut Archway or Edgware) but certainly adequate enough to fill an empty stomach. Good transport links into central London and of course Westfield shopping centre in White City is just next door. 100% vegan and take out boxes are available.

Pros: Inexpensive, quick , good variety

Cons: Watch the hidden charge, some food can seem overly oily

Good food - watch for the hidden charges - Edit

I really enjoyed my meal at To-Fu today. Especially the crispy soy duck with pancakes and hoi-sin...extra yummy. I was a bit dismayed when I got to the counter and found my meal cost me quite a bit more than the advertised £5.90. The green tea not being free was probably an oversight on my account, but is still disappointing considering that it's free in all the other similar veggie chinese all you can eats I've ever been to. There's also a compulsory 10% service charge.

But, to end on a light note. The staff were courteous and the food really was very good!

Pros: Crispy soy duck, Good location

Cons: 10% compulsory service charge, No free green tea

the great cheap thai buffet - Edit

Once upon a time there opened an all you can eat Thai buffet in Greek St , Soho. We couldn't believe how amazing it was. All Vegan and eat as much as you like! A year or so later there were about 10 franchises of the the same, the best of which was Joi on Percy St off Tottenham Court Road. Sadly there are only two (possibly 3) left that are still vegan. This restaurant is a beacon of joy stuck out in the misery that is Shepherds Bush where there is SFA else vegan to eat.
The buffet is extensive, featuring salads, hot and cold dishes, noodles, rice, roast potatoes, lots of fake meat and some sweet dishes for desert! A real bonus at this place is that the worker spoke good enough English to be able to discuss the ingredients of each dish, so those trying to avoid sugar etc could eat with ease.
Great it's still going, go support it!

Pros: Wide choice, Cheap cost, All you can eat.

Cons: In West london!, Some dishes may sit around too long.

All you can eat - Edit

Like all the other veg buffet places in London it can be a little hit and miss - while there is always a good selection the length of time the food has been left sitting out can be an issue. However the staff are plesent and friendly and while the drinks costs can be expensive the fact it's all you can eat is a real plus.

Pros: All you can eat, Good selection

Cons: Drinks can be expensive, Poor desert selection

Spicy and tasty thai buffet - Edit

A great variety of vegan "fake meats" and really tasty spring rolls! Hot and spicy sauces available for those who enjoy hot food. In addition to hot and cold options, they also have some sprout soup and fruit salad dessert.

Take-aways are smallish but very inexpencive, only 3,50 £.

Note that the restaurant accepts only cash!

Pros: Many options, Cozy restaurant

Cons: Cash only

cheap and good ! - Edit

We were very glad to find this 100% vegetarian buffet, close to the underground station, at Shepherd's Bush. We ate here 3 times at least, because it's good and "all you can eat" for less than 10 pounds. There are no many options for desert, but after all, the fruit salad is good with dried coconut and grapes.

Pros: cheap, good food, big choice

Cons: just fruits for desert, small portions for takeaway

Return to West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tai Buffet - To-Fu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9265 times since Nov 2009.