Tai Buffet - To-Fu

Contact 07850663328

86 Uxbridge Rd, Shepherds Bush, West London, England, W12 8LR

Vegetarian buffet featuring numerous dishes. Formerly To-Fu, Vegan Room, and prior to that Tai Veg. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:30pm.

Category: Chinese, Thai, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian

First Review by stea

Convenient, cheap, tasty - Edit

I stumbled on this place on Happy Cow while looking for places to eat near my hotel in Shepherd's Bush. As I was in London for work, I just wanted a quick, satisfying meal after a long, tiring day, and this place fit the bill.

It's certainly not the most stand out in terms of food or service, but both aren't bad, and it's really good value for money. You pay 7 GBP (for dinner) and can refill your plate as often as you like (there's a two hour limit). Everything I tried was tasty. One or two dishes were maybe a bit too salty, but there's a large variety of cold and warm buffet dishes to choose from.

As others have mentioned, they do add on a service charge which is unusual for a restaurant where you serve yourself, but I ordered a drink and while there isn't table service for the food, the staff do promptly clear and clean the tables once vacated, so I really didn't mind paying it, especially considering how much food I got for my money.

I wouldn't have minded if the dining area had a bit more lighting as I like to read while I eat and it's a bit dark for that.

Like I said, the food isn't spectacular so I wouldn't go out of my way to come here if I wasn't in the area, but it's definitely tasty enough that I'll be coming back if I'm in the area again, and if I lived in the area, I'd certainly drop by for a convenient take-away.

Pros: Good value, tasty food, fast and convenient (if you're in the area)

Cons: Some food a bit too salty (for my tastes), a bit dark in the dining area

All you can eat vegan food (a bit greasy though) - Edit

All the girls assisting behind the counter clearly had no idea, the 'chef' preparing the juices assured us that everything on the buffet is vegan.
It is all you can eat (limited seat time of 2 hours).
The food was nice, although quite greasy (which my belly did not respond to quite well soon afterwards!).
But it is of course very, very cheap, and good value for money!

Wrote a reviews about it on my blog: https://brugesvegan.com/2017/02/08/tai-buffet-london/

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-21

Pros: very cheap, all vegan, great variety, fresh juice!

Cons: lots of oil, sticky floor , tables very close to one another

this is definitely vegan and very good for the money - Edit

I visited 24 September 2016. Very disappointed to read that this place was now serving meat but I was assured by a senior member of staff that everything is 100% vegan. The selection is incredible and very tasty. Highly recommended and eat as much as you want for under 8 quid. Loved it and wished I lived closer! There are many heathy options but after a few beers in the local Brewdog pub, I went for the spicy options. It's all buffet so you can be in and out in 30 minutes. 5 stars from me even though Happy Cow will only allow 4 as it says they serve meat. They don't.

Pros: all vegan, incredible value, great variety

Cons: I live over an hour away

lovely - Edit

so much taste food! the place is very nice. the crew was lovely. there are so many food choises you can take you will be overwelmd and after you pay you a relly small prise you can take as much as you want!
moost of the food was a very sulty , so if you are not in to that, you mey reconsider coming

Cons: moost of the food was a very sulty , so if you are

Great food! - Edit

Had the large takeaway, £4.5 seems fair as I am very full :) food is alright. If you're not a fan of "mock meats" you will have less options, still plenty to choose from tho.
Don't skip the sesame bread!!!!! It's a bit greasy but so yummy, I wish I had taken more!

Shut up and take my money! - Edit

These guys are the business. Went vegan a year ago and will never look back, but occasionally missed the kind of food this place offers. Delicious, hearty, awesome satisfying asian food. You could bring a group of meat eaters here and they'd be satisfied, you could bring raw foodies here and they'd be satisfied, you could bring your grandma here and she'd give up meat. We left tonight feeling satisfied like I haven't been in over a year. Excellent food and cheap too. £6.90 for all you can eat! Are you kidding me? If it wasn't making delicious vegan food available to such a wide group of people, I'd say they should be raising their prices, I'd happily pay.

Keep up the good work!

Pros: Huge selection of food, Highly convincing meat substitutes, Kind, friendly, happy staff

Cons: None really... Super happy.

Lots To Choose From! - Edit

My partner and I popped in here to grab a takeaway, after I'd had my hair cut at The Rabbit Hole. There's certainly a lot to choose from!! Some of it was quite greasy, and I wouldn't say healthy, but there were healthier things to choose from.

Pros: Lots to choose from!, All Vegan

Cons: Quite crowed at times when getting food, Some quite greasy

Good buffet - Edit

Here everything is vegan and all you can eat, fine. but this doesn't mean that it is fantastic. It is alright, especially if you are very hungry. Nothing it's particularly memorable though.

Amazing buffet - Edit

My favourite vegan buffet. Love the mock meats and battered bits alongside healthy fruit and veg. My 4 year old son doesn't eat much, so they agreed he would be eating for free! Looking forward to my next visit.

Pros: great selection, good value

The best buffet in London - Edit

If you are a vegan in London and like Thai food that this is the place to go. Incredible variety of meals, very affordable and everything is just so tasty! The staff is so pleasant, they are always smiling and making you feel positive. Too bad I don't live in London, I would visit very often!

Pros: cheap, tasty, positive staff

Great buffet - Edit

My partner went to this place. He enjoyed the Great buffet style meal just for 6.5 pounds. The meals mostly contain tofu with some salad and noodles.

Pros: Vegan Vegan Vegan, Affordable, Eat as much as you want

Cons: Soya in everything

It is all Vegan. Okay food 3.5/5 - Edit

The food in this place is a bit bland. The black bean tofu had too many onions and not enough peppers and black bean sauce. It was also cold. The spring rolls seemed putrified and as if they'd been sitting there since 8am! (I had lunch around 4pm). There was a large variety of mock meats and fruit. Everything I tried was palatable with added chilli sauce, but nothing special. The sort of place i'd go to once every few months as opposed to once a week. I think the green bean salad could be improved with beansprouts, and overall I think they need to beore generous with the sauces they have with their mock meats. Finally they need to imcest in better food heating wells because their current apparatus doesn't keep the food warm at all. Worth a visit someday but if you're a visitor to London I would advise going to 222veggievegan, tibits, or gallerycafe. If you want vegan chinese then this place is on par with loving hut edgware. Loving hut Edgware is a more hygienic looking establishment though.

Pros: Good variety, Fairly cheap, Friendly staff

Cons: Hidden 10% service charge, Cold food, Bland and dry food

Great value Asian buffet - Edit

I wish I had have discovered this place years ago. I really enjoyed the great selection on the serve-yourself buffet spread, which consisted of mock meat dishes such as black been 'beef' and sweet and sour 'chicken'. For those not into mock meats, there are plenty of other more standard options such as spring rolls. I went there for a late dinner and the food was being topped up continually so it wasn't a 'food sitting there for hours under heat lamps' buffet. What I can't comprehend are the reviews giving the impression that this place is trying to rip you off with hidden charges. At dinner, for all-you-can-eat it costs £6.90! That is shockingly good value. A 10% service charge? Still fantastic value. What's more the costs are written clearly in the window in big signage and there were plenty of staff standing around to answer questions so they can have my extra 70p as I see it!
I'll be going back soon to try the dishes I was too full to eat in my first visit!

Pros: Open late, Tasty vegan food, Excellent value

Decent asian buffet - Edit

I had read the reviews on Happycow before going to this place, so knew what to expect before arriving.

It's a cheap and cheerful all you can eat asian-style buffet. There are a good selection of dishes to choose from, and you can go back to the buffet as many times as you like for a refill. In addition to various noodle and tofu/mock meat options, there are also some more mainstream ones like fried potatoes. They also have dressings available such as ginger & spring onion, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce etc.

Everything was quite tasty, maybe not exceptional, but not bad at all. However there isn't much labelling to tell what is what.

The 10% service charge added to the bill is a little silly for a buffet, but it's not expensive to begin with so it's not a big deal.

Pros: Inexpensive, reasonably tasty, Single charge, all you can eat

Cons: Lacks any ingredient/dietary labelling, Pointless service charge

Return to West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tai Buffet - To-Fu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.