TK's Fruits Produce Bubble Tea

304-413-4729

300 High St, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA, 26506

Bubble tea with almond milk and soy milk option. Crepes with faux meat options - uses mayo and cheese so vegans should specify. Noodle soups. Grocery area sells fresh fruits. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-7:00pm, Sat 11:00am-5:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out

First Review by MamaWatermelon

Love it here - Edit

Me and my boyfriend have been going here for awhile now and we both love it! I have no idea why someone else gave them such a bad review. The owners are so nice there. I love their bubble tea (rose is my favorite!) and if you buy 10 you get one free. We recently tried the vegan crepes and they were so yummy. My bf had the chick-non crepe and has not stopped talking about how good it was since. They also sell things like jewelry and art that im pretty sure are locally sourced. The prices are pretty good too so theres no reason you shouldn't give it a try.

Scared - Edit

When I first came to Morgantown I was thrilled to see a bubble tea and smoothie place close to campus! I started getting a smoothie from here almost everyday with the occasional tea and/or faux meat food item. I noticed a month later I had gained some weight which was unusual. Eventually I realized my weight gain was thanks to the smoothies- how? I'm unsure but I think they substitute flavored syrup in place of fruit that they don't have. After that I started to see faults in this establishment.
The owner told me all of their produce was organic but then noticed time and time again that none of the produce labels had organic written on them. They seem to just sell whatever they can get their hands on, including random jewelry and incense sticks.
Next I'm worried that they don't really know what is truly vegan and what isn't. I'm sure they know milk and eggs aren't, but doubt they know whey, carmine, L-cysteine, honey, etcetera aren't. To my knowledge the owners are vegetarian. They once offered me a bite of food but when I read the label it listed "beef fat" as an ingredient. To which they replied "they wouldn't be eating that anymore." Makes me think, if they aren't even going to properly read the label for their food then why would they for others?
Lastly, the aesthetics are a mess. Sometimes the music will be playing so loud that you can't hear your total to pay. Other times the owners son is using the whole store as a play pen while screaming or crying. Very unprofessional. I should also mention that their freezer is upfront for all to put their dirty hands on- why? Because they will sell you anything in that store.
There are a few other stories I have but I'm afraid to tell. Overall, this place seems kinda sketchy and like the owners just want to make a quick buck. I might be back if I get a craving, but I doubt it. I can get most of their products elsewhere or just make it myself.

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-07

Pros: Vegan Options... (Maybe?)

Cons: Sketchy

Favorite Place in Town! - Edit

TK's has the best bubble tea in town! I love the groceries, too. The business owners are very community focused, and they support local farmers. The artwork is lovely, too. They also have specials on the hooked deals app, and they do cards for their drinks (ex: buy 10, get one free.)

They recently added crepes. You need to specify if you want vegan batter, and they are so worth the great price of $6.50. I have tried 3 of the savory flavors, with my favorite being the crab one. They serve them in a paper cone, and they are huge!

This is the best bang for your buck as a vegetarian or vegan in town.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great price, Good location

Cons: None.

Return to Morgantown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has TK's Fruits Produce Bubble Tea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.