Tiyoweh La Quietud

Contact 910222446

Calle San Pedro 22, Barrio Las Letras, Madrid, Spain, 28014

Vegan except for cows' milk. Makes its own flat bread, uses regional produce. Inside is recycled furniture and decoration, a meditation and a chill-out area on premises. Has Wi-Fi. Dog friendly. Offers therapies, gives cookery classes and workshops. Organizes an organic products consumer group that's open to the public. Open Tue-Wed 10:30am-8:30pm, Thu-Sat 10:30am-12:00am, Sun 10:30am-5:00pm.

Category: Lacto, International, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by lisacrock

Great fixed menus - Edit

This small restaurant is located inside an alternative medicine place. They offer fixed menus for lunch and dinner with soup, dessert and a drink. The main difference is that you would pay separately for dessert and the drink during dinner time. The constants of both lunch and dinner are excellent vegan food, cooked fresh every day, almost home style and always very flavorful. Each plate has some plant-based protein, whole grain, bread and vegetables. Service is very friendly and professional.

great vegan food - Edit

The place is nicely decorated and the workers are polite and helpful. The food is super good, flavorful and original. Although I found the veggie burger a little bit too oily, the Tiyoweh plate was lovely and nutritionally balanced. The menu is €11 for a big meal, water and dessert. Totally recommended!!!

Bon restaurant végé - Edit

Assiette maison du jour à 10 € assez copieuse ou tapas comme des patatas frias à l'alioli (patates douces et normales) ou du houmous. Ambiance calme, objets recyclés et gong bouddhiste en fond sonore. Les brownies végétaliens au chocolat sont assez bons, mais peut-être un peu farineux.

Bon dans l'ensemble mais mais exceptionnel pour le prix.

Delicious, cozy, price for value. - Edit

Delicious vegan food prepared with care and served with style: not only tasty and healthy, but also colourful and appealing.
For lunch, a budget price (but high quality) daily menu is available.
The restaurant develops on 4 different stages, with original and nice decoration. Somehow "private" corners are available for romantic or business occasion.
The location, close to the main art museums of Madrid, is excellent.
The service is kind, even if slow.

Pros: Excellent food, Good price, Cozy place

Cons: Slow service

All you need for a healthy vegan meal in a plate - Edit

I've been here a couple of times, one for dinner and the other for lunch. In both cases we ordered the special "plato del día", which comprises all the proteins, fiber, carbohydrates and good fats you're supposed to have in a healthy meal. The main problem with that is you can't know what you'll be eating in advance (it'll be all vegan, though). The day we had dinner it was great, but the day we had lunch it was just plain good (too much salad and too little heavier stuff). However, the good things are: you can have second helpings of the soup/cream if you ask politely to the waitress, and this "plato del día" is really inexpensive. In addition to that they have some other items in their menu, toasts, hummus, a spinach pastry, salads, etc. which I've actually never tried but didn't seem to have too many different choices. The desserts are also excellent, around 4-5 different cakes, some raw-vegan, most of them gluten-free. BTW they waitress confirmed (early April 2016) now they only use vegan ingredients in their meals, however they still serve cow milk (for coffees) and honey (for toasts) to their customers requesting it.

Pros: plato del dia on a lucky day, cakes/desserts, inexpensive

Cons: plato del dia on an unlucky day, limited choice

Really good - Edit

Very cozy, quiet atmosphere. We ordered daily special which consists in a plate with everything you need in a meal! (soup, greens, protein, carbs and cereal) for 10 euros! On weekends it doesn't include drinks

Peaceful VEGAN haven - Edit

We came for breakfast in April 2016. This restaurant is now 100% vegan. We did not come for dinner here, as it was listed as vegetarian.

We had toast with tomatoes, herbal tea & coffee, which was all excellent. The decor is both peaceful & quirky. The service is great, the lady who served us speaks very good English but respected that we wanted to practice Spanish.

They do el menú del día (set lunch- 3 courses & a drink) with all fresh ingredients for €10.

Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Vegan, fresh food, tranquil ambience, friendly ser

Cons: The music (rap & pop) was incongruent with the atm

Excellent meal - Edit

We went to the gong and singing bowl concert and took a meal in the restaurant. The food is excellent. Honest 'home' cooked food, fresh and healthy. Excellent value for money. When we were there, they had a menu of the day with some variations for vegan and gluten intolerant people. Will definitely go back if I have the chance.

Pros: ambiance, service, "honest" food

Cons: none observed during our visit

Best taste with low-salty - Edit

If you have difficulty about Spanish salty taste, Tiyoweh is best solution

I and my wife enjoy well with today's plate. I'll recommend this menu strongly. Another is below

- Vegetable pastry with spinach bed
- Ration hummus bread with seeds
- Soup / Cream of the day with bread seed
- Ensalasda Tiyoweh

Breakfast / snacks (with coffee or just you)
- Toast with tomato and parsley oil
- Toast with syrup or honey and tahini
- Homemade cake

Homemade desserts:
- Chocolate and banana cake with chocolate sauce (rice flour)
- Orange carrot cake with raisins and cinnamon (rice flour)
- Lemon and ginger cake (rice flour)
- Apple and cinnamon crumble (rice flour)

not open in august - Edit

Although it says open from 11:00 - 21:00, we turned up at 19:50 and it was closed. Probably closed in Aug but it doesn't mention anything on the windows or doors of the restaurant.

Great! - Edit

Excellent drinks, and the mos delicious vegan carrot cake! Oh, and did i mention the great atmosphere, wonderful music (classical!) and super friendly staff? Highly recommended! ! :)

Cons: None That I Can Think Of

Superb - Edit

Located on a backstreet near Parque del Retiro and the train station this gem is well worth seeking out. As well as a cafe it offers meeting rooms, workshops, meditation space, courses and offers natural therapies. There is also a small shop selling grains and incense etc. The interior is really nice and relaxed with artwork on the walls, and recycled and reclaimed ornaments and furniture.

We got chatting to the waiter who spoke great English and offered to bring us a menu or said we could have the secret plate of the day - fortunately the day we went this was both vegan and mildly spicy, so we went with that. It was perfect for lunch - simple and delicious food presented beautifully. There was some beetroot gazpacho, some Canarian potatoes, dressed salad and something that I forget the name of, but it was made from soya (consistency of a burger), and it had couscous and other grains in it. All this with bread and a drink for around €10 each. We finished it off with a brownie each, choice of either banana or strawberry. To drink we had Whole Earth Sparkling Cranberry (no Coca-Cola here!). Portions were not huge but quite adequate for the time of day and I can't comment on the rest of the menu options as we never looked. Overall a surprisingly good find and an excellent experience.

Pros: Simple, delicious food, Lovely environment, Friendly staff, Good value

Original and cozy - Edit

You know how some places look crappy but the food is good? Normally those are the places I go for as stylish decoration doesn't say anything about what the kitchen looks like....

But this is an exception! This place has a very original and bohemian decoration AND serves good food and drinks. I feel happy already when I sit down after first having had difficulty to chosing which table I like best.

I guess this is the kind of place I would choose for my birthday dinner ;)

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Original menu , Really helpful staff

Cons: Not cheap, Limited Choice

Lovely atmosphere - Edit

Lovely place with friendly staff. Nice decor and a pleasant atmosphere. A good range of juices and teas. The menu was a little on the limited side for someone with a gluten intolerance and as a previous reviewer mentioned there are limitations of non dairy meals. I chose to remove the parmesan from my dish and it was still very tasty without it. I would recommend checking out this place.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Pleasant staff

Cons: Limited menu , Portion could have been a little bigger

Lovely place - Edit

Beautiful little place, with lovely atmosphere. The menu was pretty limited though, with very little choice for vegans. I could have simply removed the dairy, but would've been left with some very bland dishes. The potatoes with soya aioli I had were delicious, but felt rather like I was just eating a side dish. The service was good enough.

Pros: Beautiful decor

Cons: very small menu, fairly expensive for what you get

Lovely Peaceful Homemade Food - Edit

I went for lunch with 2 small children. Staff was very friendly and explained the menu. They speak very good English there. Lunch menu was starter (potato salad or gazpacho soup, main (enchilada wraps or oven baked veggies) and desert (apple pie or custard) for 10 EUR. Everything could be veganised for us, except the custard....we tried it all and it was delicious, fresh, homemade, healthy food, I and my kids really enjoyed. The place has a calmness to it. It is decorated with lots of recycled stuff.
You can buy some organic groceries there (but I didn't check what exactly).

Pros: Homemade Food, Atmosphere

Cons: Small Choice

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tiyoweh La Quietud closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2730 times since Jul 2014.