CLOSED: Titaya's Thai Cuisine

• Veg-friendly

Contact 512-458-1792

5501 N Lamar Blvd C101, Austin, Texas, USA, 78751

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food eatery that lists vegetarian options on the menu and dishes can be made vegan if ordered without egg and with tofu. Popular amongst the local vegan community. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by mathimp

the best thai - Edit

Titaya's is delicious.
The menu is labeled for (numerous) vegetarian options (which are also vegan unless stated otherwise in the description of the item). The vegetarian stamp is (incorrectly, I know) used by items containing fish/oyster sauce, but only when this is listed in the description of the dish. Don't let that scare you off, please. They also do not use MSG.

I eat here way WAY too often. The staff is always friendly and the food is always amazing. Vegan friendly Thai is such a rare find, and there is none better in Austin. As a long time / fairly strict vegan, I feel safe eating here even though meat is also served - which is rare for me. Every dish I have tried has been good. But the green curry fried rice (with tofu or veggies) is a personal favorite. Pad Basil Eggplant is my close 2nd.

It is considered the best Thai in town, so it does get crowded during peak dinner hours, but totally worth the wait!

Pros: labeled menu, friendly staff, consistantly delicious

Best Thai in Austin - Edit

The best Thai I've had in Austin, by miles. It may be the only good Thai in Austin, though I'm sure there's at least one Thai place out there that I haven't tried... maybe. But if you're feeling like Thai, I wouldn't chance going anywhere else.

Pros: food, menu, service

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Titaya's Thai Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 238 times since Sep 2010.