Tipicos & Pupusas

n/a

Calla de La Plaza, Across from Parque Central, Copan Ruinas, Honduras

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Honduran food at a restaurant directly across from the main park/square. All dishes come with complimentary repollo (cabbage salad) and ensalada (mix of vegetables, peppers, spices), which are both vegan. Frijoles pupusas are vegan. Many dishes can be made vegan - ask. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Honduran, Non-veg

First Review by vegan_ryan

Great find for typical fare / pupusas - Edit

I stumbled on this place near the main park while trying to find somewhere to get pupusas. It's fancier than some of other places in town, but the prices are still pretty good, if you're thinking in terms of US, GBP, Euros, etc.

Everything comes with 2 kinds of free salad: one is cabbage, and the other is mixed vegetables (but pretty spicy, due to the peppers mixed in).

The frijoles pupusas were 15L, which isn't bad. If you order the lemonade, I warn you that they put in WAY too much sugar, so try asking for less or none. Good meal, though. I was stuffed on the 2 pupusas and the salads.

I'm not sure how much English is spoken here, FYI. My Spanish is probably 3/10, and I did fine.

Pros: Inexpensive, Friendly

Cons: Serves meat

Return to Copan Ruinas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tipicos & Pupusas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.