Tios Mexican Cafe

Serves meat, vegan options available. Located in downtown Columbia, this cafe and bar offers vegan cheese. The words 'vegan-friendly' is displayed on the front window, so let your server know if you're vegan. Makes Mexican food and American sandwiches. Free Wi-Fi, pool room.

Category: Lacto, American, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by halfthejob

Great place - Edit

Traveling through the state and found Tios thanks to Happy Cow reviews. It's in a cool location and gave us an excuse to drive to the downtown area. Tried the deluxe veggie wet burrito with vegan cheese on the advise of a previous reviewer. It was great. The server told me that they could work with us and prepare most menu item vegan if we wanted.

Love Tios! - Edit

I have been to Tio's numerous times and have tried the avocado taco (it was ok) but always get the Wet Burrito with vegan cheese. It is phenomenal! I try to keep leftovers but generally I eat too much and roll out of the restaurant in a stupor an hour later. They also have remarkably delicious sangria. I found this out by accident but I am obsessed. Wet burrito with sangria....get it!

Diya Vegan cheese served here! :) - Edit

it's very hard to find a decent service and vegan Tacos in columbia... but i think i found it here - Tios!

bar specials and Food together were just right place for me!! Love their mushroom Vegan Tacos and jalapeno Mango margarita!! i'd recommend to anyone!

Pros: menu choice, margarita special, parking/location

Cons: cute servers, non mexican worker, Tex mex?

A vegan-friendly spot at USC - Edit

Several years ago Tio's added a "vegan cheese" option to their menu which makes Tio's (as far as I can see) the most vegan-friendly restaurant on the University of South Carolina campus.

I've eaten at Tio's number of times. I eat there often when I am on campus and leaving for lunch is not an option. I usually order the (rather hefty) "Veggie DELUXE Wet Burrito with vegan cheese." The burrito is stuffed with rice, vegetarian refried beans, bell pepper, onion, tomato, cucumber, and fresh avocado (which is sometimes inside the burrito, and sometimes on top). The burrito is topped with a red tomato sauce, and there's usually some sort of iceberg chopped lettuce on the plate. With the burrito, you can also choose a salsa to go with it - from mild to extra hot. I think the extra hot salsa is quite good.

Although Tio's is not a vegan restaurant by any means, it is a vegan-friendly spot on a rather vegan-unfriendly campus. Feel free to check it out!

Pros: Vegan-friendly, Polite and speedy staff, Free parking

Cons: Meat-heavy menu, Sometimes busy at lunch time

Return to Columbia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tios Mexican Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1769 times since Jan 2012.