Tioman Cabana Bistro

Tekek Beach, Kampung Tekek, Tioman Island, Malaysia, 86807

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu offers one vegan burger and several noodle and rice options. Specify vegan to be sure.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Malaysian, Non-veg

First Review by BudgetBucketList

Super cozy place with a good vibe - Edit

This is such a nice place to eat at the beach. It’s super relaxed and has a chilled vibe.
We had the vegan and the vegetarian burger and it was really good. We liked the patty a lot.

Vegan option, which is rare in Tioman - Edit

I spent about a week in Tioman Island and tried to figure out where a vegan could have a meal. Not in many places, I had to conclude unfortunately. Besides the standard rice with vegetables at all food stalls, in Tioman Cabana Bistro they serve a veggie burger. Make sure you verify to make it vegan, if not it comes with egg and dairy. They also have the standard Malaysia rice and noodle dishes, which you can ask to make vegan.

It's nothing mind-blowing and quite expensive compared to other eateries on the island, but it might be nice to have some food variation if you're staying on the island for a bit.

TIP: There's another vegan place in ABC right next to the jetty... there they serve hummus sandwiches. I wish I didn't forget the name so I could get it listed, but I'd like to inform my fellow traveling vegans.

Updated from previous review on 2018-03-03

Pros: Vegan burger, Beach location

Cons: Bit pricey, Not many vegan options, Sandflies (bring repellent!)

Return to Tioman Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tioman Cabana Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.