First Review by JohnnySensible

Amazing noodles for breakfast - Edit

We had a noodle soup with a lot of herbs and fake meat and a really tasty brew one morning there, and for me and and my non-vegan friend that was really an AMAZING taste. Wow.
Ze had some of the skewers to take away, it was quite interesting.
The staff was friendly.

Pros: delicious, really, cheap, nice location

cosy and confirming - Edit

We were the only customers in this tiny restaurant, down the street from the gorgeous pagoda at about midday. As you'd expect, there's no English menu and no English spoken by the elderly women who work there. They are warm and friendly and genuinely want to serve you though, so just order "com dia" which I guess roughly translates to "rice de jour" in this case. You'll get a plate of a little bit of everything they've got on offer. Thankfully, I've picked up a few food words in Vietnamese to work out a menu with a bit of guess work. They also offer the Hue style beef noodle dish which we meant to go back and try. But didn't. I feels really cozy sitting down to a plate of this kind of food with a couple of older ladies rolling spring rolls at the table next to you with kittens putting around their feet.

4 cows is a pretty high rating for me but don't expect haute cuisine here. I give them props for delivering on exactly what they promise with no frills.

Basic and Cheap - Edit

It is a very common type of restaurant in Vietnam where you walk in, sit down and they put a plate of food in front of you. Staff spoke no English but using some phrases that we previously had translated for us, the owner said there was no egg, milk, or meat (including fish sauce). Food consisted of some rice with vegetables and a lot of different types of fake meat. Everything but the rice was cold but for 75 cents USD a plate you can't really beat it. The fake meat seemed to be the same stuff sold a grocery stores which is all labelled vegan so we were confident the meal was vegan. Food had obviously been sitting out all day but this is pretty typical of these types of restaurants.

Pros: cheap, convenient location

Be like one of the locals - Edit

This place is delightfully simple and a good place to hang out like one of the locals - including the monks from the pagoda next door. We pointed to almost everything in the buffet (they don't speak English but then you are in Vietnam) and we got a great selection plate of mock meats, veggies and rice.....and they were happy to refill my husbands plate when he asked for more. I think we were charged tourists rates but still good value.

Pros: authentic experience, friendly staff, cheap

Cons: basic

Sustenance in Qui Nonh - Edit

This place is good. Just a short walk from "Barbara's Backpackers". Right next to the Pagoda. Really gorgeous tasting pure Viet Nam style dishes. No English spoken. Simple decor - framed calligraphy. The last time that I went there were all vegan dishes. Kitchen was clean. Ingredients were very fresh. I do not speak enough Vietnamese to work out whether or not they use eggs.

Pros: Great value, Great cooking, Super friendly

Cons: Could not fault them in, any way

Return to Qui Nhon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tinh Tam closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 794 times since Aug 2007.