CLOSED: Tinh Tam Quan - Buddha Belly

0913119281

94 Street 1-4 Cat Ba Town, Cat Ba, Vietnam, 180000

Opened March 2015 this vegetarian restaurant on Cat Ba island serves Vietnamese food and hot pot, fruit shakes and juices. Reported closed, Feb 2017. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by HarmenKeuning

fresh and big portions! - Edit

Art here 3 times during my stay on cat ba. Portions are big and food is fresh. With heaps of veggies! Loved it. Not too oily either, which I like. Definitely recommended!

Great veggie restaurant! - Edit

We went there everyday while we stayed on Cat Ba - the food is delicious and very cheap too! On top, there's a good atmosphere in the restaurant and it was usually quite busy which we think is always nice to see when you're eating at a veggie restaurant. Everything is vegan as far as I can tell (menu states that the food is vegan), maybe double check for things like lassis though to make sure he makes them with soy milk.

Pros: Cheap , Tasty, Good atmosphere

Cons: Not a lot of dishes on the menu

Amazing!! - Edit

Honestly the best vegan resturant I went to whilst I was travelling Vietnam for a month. The food was delicious, healthy of course, and very cheap, compared to other restaurants which are clearly overpriced for substandard food. Authentic and relaxed atmosphere and the owners were the most welcoming people we'd met and even invited us to join their Birthday celebration after dinner! I only wish we had found it sooner so we could have eaten there more than twice. Highly recommend Buddha Belly and their other restaurant which is just up the road Buddha Garden!

Pros: amazing staff, great food, great value

Disappointed - Edit

After seeing the reviews, I was shocked to have my worst meal in Vietnam there. The first time we went, no one was there because the one staff member was food shopping. The set menu finally arrived bland and undercooked - she had to cook, clear and take orders. Service and food was better the other two times we went, but nothing special. Also, the toilet smelled so bad I couldn't use it. At least it's cheap!

So good! - Edit

In the city of Cat Ba this place is like an oasis of peace. Prices are very reasonable and in addition to menu items, they offer daily specials. Portions are huge and meals are very tasty. I had a large menu, spring rolls and banana shake with soy milk. Everything was great. There's a comfortable couch you can use to get a nap once you're done with your food and if you'd like to, you can work there for a while for free acommodation, food and visa suport. At least that's one of the flyers in the restaurant says. Sometime in the future, I might just do that. Overall, an awesome place and a must for every vegan visiting this gorgeous island.

Pros: Staff, Taste, price, portions, Atmosphere

A vegan haven! - Edit

Very cute little place with amazing affordable and delicious food! They also have veg juices and everything is yummy :)

The owner is a lovely man who was very helpful when we needed to find a cab home and we also organised tours through him. Forever grateful!! :)

Go here! - Edit

Let's start with the food: It's delicious, wholesome and plentiful. There's a big vegan selection.
The owner is amazing and after eating there for a few days ( because it's so good ) I got involved in a spontaneous boat trip with the staff to an abandoned island where I witnessed the most beautiful sunset of my life.
Probably not the standard program, but that's the kind of people they are.
Only to be recommended.

Pros: Delicious food, Big portions, Cheap prizes

Great Food - Edit

I was there twice during my stay in Cat Ba Island. Delicious food and not pricy at all. They have some cats in the restaurant and that made me stay longer than usually :)
Best place in cat ba!!

really meh - Edit

I came here many months ago and thought it was pretty good. And as one of the only veggie places in town, u take what u can get. But this time ... I mean it was down right disappointing. we ordered three different things which came out as all the same thing because there weren't any ingredients - even though we were first customers of the day, they didn't have tea, the vibe was totally off and even three same meals were just so boring and tasteless we were sorely disappointed. Come on guys - this restaurant can be so good with just a little more effort.

great! - Edit

great place! the owner is super nice and the prices are cheap! a must!

Go to this place! - Edit

nice, friendly, low prices.
Beautiful, there are the excellent lunch

left with a bad feeling - Edit

Our experience here was not good, really bad even. The springrolls where as big as my pinky and they tasted like nothing, we ordered two totally different soups and got exactly the same, but they still kept saying they where different and last but not least the smoothie i ordered had a really weird taste, when i mentioned this he just laughted at me. We way overpayed for what we got, i wouldn't even dare to ask money for what we got. To bad..

awesome!!!! - Edit

Super nice little place. Prices are ridiculously cheap ($2.50 for a big plate of food with a soup, $1 for fresh juice or shake). Food is delicious, owner incredibly nice (when we left and it started raining, he came whipping down on his motorbike to give me and my dad ponchos), basically everything you could hope for. deserves six stars

Pros: everything

Monks eat here and they eat well - Edit

The food is delicious and pleasant. The staff is really nice and friendly. They sometimes offer delicious fruits in the end. I went there for dinner on the first night in Cat Ba and returned every night after.

Great food, great owner, low prices - Edit

I rarely take the time and energy to write a review. But this one deserved it.
Good and original vegetarian food for a fair price.
And the owner was very kind and generous, offering some extra's for our pleasure.
I recommend.

Lovely place! - Edit

Buddha belly is a really nice place to be and an amazing spot for vegans as well. Try the meal of the day, it changes everyday, I had it several times and it was always filling and really good. Dung is a generous and very peaceful person we spent some good hours with. If you go to Cat Ba, don't miss this place!

Substantial meals - Edit

We were very pleased to find this restaurant on the Cat Ba. Every day we loaded up and barely went out of this place, even though we ordered the easiest meal. Regular compliments as bananas and potato pancakes were very pleasant. Shakes are especially good. Definitely recommend.

Pros: tasty, nice staff, chill music

better than the competition - Edit

I'm not saying this place would blow my mind if it were in San Francisco or Seattle. Then again, if I could get a filling vegan meal for half the price of a coffee in one of those cities, maybe it would. Very tasty, friendly owner, and away from the crowds of westerners.

Pros: real cheap, darn good, friendly people

Cons: diesel fumes on porch, some things very salty

Return to Cat Ba Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Tinh Tam Quan - Buddha Belly closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1932 times.