Tinh Quan

054-3837382

9 Ngo Quyen (at Park View Hotel), Hue, Vietnam,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Modern, spacious vegetarian restaurant on ground floor of Park View Hotel. Serves Vietnamese such as pho, braised tofu, spring rolls, jackfruit. Has English menu and some English is spoken. Gets busy in the evening. Reportedly no longer all veg as of April 2017. Open Mon-Sun 6:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by Bob Sultan

Terrible - Edit

Stopped here to try their dessert one afternoon, intending to return for dinner. Would never bother again, especially with the plethora of fantastic veg eateries in Hue.

Cons: not good value for money, misleading advertising (pictured dishes), bland 'hospital food'

reasonable price but food is nothing special - Edit

It took me some time to find the restaurant wich is on the backside of park view hotel. It looks quite expensive but the price is absolutly ok.I got a vietnamese soup with tofu, noodles and mushrooms for wich I paid 25000d. But I had much better vietnamese pho for the same price!This one was nearly tasteless and you could see the oil on top of the soup. Wich also made the taste of the soup even worse.The service was friendly, served the food just about 5 minutes after I ordered it and most of them spoke English.

Pros: inexpensivewifigood service

Cons: food is nothing special (at least the soup), drinks are not on the menu so ask for the price be

spring rolls and stuffed tofu is the best - Edit

Best vegetarian Spring rolls I've eaten in Hue. The stuffed tofu with sweet and sour sauce is great. Eaten here early eve twice, good value for money.

Other friends have visited since and said the quality isn't consistent if you visit late evening.

Pros: good value and lots of options

Cons: sometimes not consistent

Food was good - Edit

Pho/Bun was good and reasonably priced but the drinks were over the top.

Cons: Expensive drinks

Great option in Hue - Edit

This is a nice, formal restaurant in the back of the Park View Hotel. The mains are from 25,000-50,000, very reasonable. Tasty food.

Nice enough - Edit

First, the location marker isn't exactly right. As the description says it's on ground floor of Park View Hotel, which is hard to miss from that spot, but there are multiple restaurants on the ground floor, and the vegetarian one is around back!

The food was a mixed bag; my noodle dish was delicious, the spring rolls were average, and the che was mediocre at best (basically lotus seeds in sugar water). I would go back since I'm staying close by, but there are lots of other, potentially better options in Hue.

Pros: affordable, good service, clean

Cons: mixed quality

Alright - Edit

We arrived around lunch time and we were the the only ones in the restaurant!

The food was good and cheap (around 25,000 for many items including Pho) and there were a lot of menu items to choose from.
however, the service was average. We tried multiple times to get the attention of the servers but they were often engaged in personal discussion with their backs facing us.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-16

Pros: plenty of options

Cons: bad service

Nice - Edit

if you're looking for a nice restaurant, out of the cold in Winter time then this is a nice vegetarian place to eat at. Food was simple but nice, tofu was really tasty. A bit more than street priced food, but still afordable and in the warmth.

Pros: tofu, warm inside

Average Food, Restaurant Setting. - Edit

Food is only OK, fairly bland and uninspired but plenty of choice and cheap. Considering the slightly classier than average venue, I expected more..

If you’re fed up with/averse to slightly grimy Vietnamese veggie restaurants you may prefer this: it's attached to a hotel and is modern and clean looking, if soulless.

NOTE: the 'fig' which appears several times on the menu is actually (vegetarian) fish!

Pros: Cheap, Clean , Aircon

Cons: Bland, Usual Fare, Underwhelming

highly recommended - Edit

Although the atmosphere is not very cozy, it is compensated by extensive menu, good English service, big portions and low prices. Staff ensured us that all dishes they serve are vegan, with no milk or eggs used. During our stay in Hue we visited three vegetarian restaurants and Tinh Quan was the best. The only thing that could be improved is adding some vegan desserts to the menu.

Pros: extensive menu, good portions

Cons: no desserts

Lovely and delicous dishes - Edit

On my every business trip, Tinh Quan restaurant is my best choice for eating the whole day. Thanks for that, I have chance to relax a little at lunch because it is near my partner company. The price in here is cheap from $1.5 to $5.0 for 2 people although its facilities and service as a high class restaurant( compared with others restaurant in Hue). I like "vegetarian PHO" in here. Firs time heard about Viet Nam, I just knew "PHO" with beef stickwater but I did not know that it has "PHO" for the vegan like in Tinh Quan restaurant and have to say it is fantastic. 1 bowl of "PHO" about 20,000vnd(=1USD), a cheap price for my great breakfast. Moreover, the ingredients in there like the mushroom, vegetables, tofu are fresh and really delicious.I like mixed hotpot as well and if you have a chance going Tinh Quan, I recommend you should eat this special dish with only $5.00 for 3 people. I will not be disappointed!

Excellent food - Edit

I just had dinner there tonight with my friend. We shared three different main courses (and had them with rice). All were very tasty, used fresh ingredients, came in nice portions and cost VND30,000-40,000 each. Extensive menu, pleasant setting and very reasonable prices for the quality you get make this restaurant a highly recommended choice.

Pros: Tasty, Extensive English-language menu, Good value for money

Excellent food - Edit

Unlike previous reviewer, I would eat here many times! I was the best food in Vietnam so far.

I ordered bitter gourd salad - excellent taste. I don´t like bitter gourd much, but the salad included also shreds of fried tofu, somekind of mockmeat, peanuts and herbs. A great South-East Asian salad.

I also ordered fried aubergine - great! I was European style aubergine, not Thai-style small eggplants.

Then I also had fried wheat gluten (seitan, it was mock-chicken-like). It came fried with tomatoes, okra and black pepper. Black pepper tasted great with this.

The restaurant is easy to find because it is in the same building as Park View Hotel. I think service was good. It is true that I had to stand up to get more soda water and ask for a bill, but I rather stand up or walk myself than have anyone interrupting my dinner by asking if I need anything - or worse, standing near and watching me eat.

Pros: Best food, Located in the centre, easy to find

Not bad - Edit

I wouldn't eat here everyday in Hue but it is worth a visit. They have some good Hue style specialties and do some good stuff with tofu, mushrooms and seitan. Sadly they didn't have any fig items when we went. Everything tasted good. The staff was dressed all fancy. It's in a 4 star Hotel after all. Which doesn't mean it's to expensive or anything because it really isn't.

The service wasn't that good. The place was nearly empty when we came so the waiters and waitresses only passed us once in a blue moon which made it very difficult to communicate without getting up all the time. This was especially annoying because first they forgot one dish. We waited til the other stuff was nearly cold before we got up to ask what's happening. Then they had to reorder it.
When it finally came it was evidentally the wrong dish but they kept saying it was the right one and didn't exchange it.
That was somewhat annoying but the food we got was good anyway.

Well worth a visit - Edit

We ate there yesterday evening. Everyone else were Vietnamese. Menu in English and the waitress spoke English. Food excellent and good value. Good choice of dishes, very tasty. Service also good.

Pros: Amazing food, Clean pleasant place, Helpful staff

Worth a visit - Edit

With respect to the below review, the fig salad available here and at many other restaurants in Hue is in fact fig. It's not at all like the figs we eat in most of the rest of the world, though, and is dense and savory. It's still a tasty and surprising dish, though, and not a processed fake meat.

The prices are very reasonable, especially considering the nice setting, high quality, and good presentation.

Portions are small compared to most of the other meals we had in Vietnam.

We tried a noodle salad, watermelon juice, lemon juice with licorice and salted apricot, fried spring rolls, and hue-style steamed cakes.

We also ordered the (very inexpensive) corn soup and the taro soup for dessert. They were interesting, but I wouldn't order them again.

We had a bit of trouble figuring out if there was any milk in the dishes. The waitress said no, but then said that there was some in the cake, so I'm not sure how much of the menu is 100% vegan. It seemed like almost everything is, though.

Pros: Nice setting, Air conditioned, Clean

Cons: Smallish portions

Food is okay - Edit

The restaurant is in an expensive hotel but prices are very cheap. Interesting selection of dishes. One of the dish was good (noodles with veggie), the other was just okay. The service was a bit lacking.

Be sure to clarify what the menu says. We ordered the "fig with peanuts and sesame". There is an erroneous translation on the menu since it is not at all fig but some kind of fake fish (or tofu). There are four or five items with "fig" in the menu. We told the manager to correct it in order to avoid more disappointment! I am a fig lover :)

Pros: Very affordable, Spacious and clean

a bit of class - Edit

When I first arrived outside this restaurant, I thought to myself 'this is going to be expensive.' The truth of the matter is, this is like eating at a nice classy restaurant, for the same price as the majority of average ones. It's simply a must.
The food was excellent and a few of the staff spoke english, which helps vegans like us find exactly what we want. The interior was very nice too.
There are some nice options that include spinach, gourd, eggplant or mushroom porridge and a few tofu dishes to pick from, including a delicious option in tomato sauce. For a change, there is not much 'mock' stuff to pick from.
Breakfast costs around 20,000 dong, a main ranges from 20 to 45,000 and a desert (yes that's right, vegan desert) is a tiny 6,000 dong.
Try it. You wont want to eat anywhere else!

Pros: upmarket, very clean, great food

Return to Hue Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tinh Quan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.