Tin Yan Vegetarian

+852-24996381

Shop 45, 1/F, Tsuen Cheong Centre Tsuen On Building (at Sai Lau Kok Rd, Tsuen Wan), New Territories, Hong Kong, China

天恩健康素食, at 荃灣西樓角路荃昌中心昌安商場1樓45號, is a shop that seats 18. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Stevie

Reasonably priced semi lunch buffet - Edit

I say "semi lunch buffet" because the rice & congee are offered on "all-you-can-eat" basis in the set lunch. This practice is indeed quite popular among Chinese vegetarian eateries.

The restaurant is cozy (please interpret it according to Hong Kong standard) and seats 16, with extra tables outside the door during rush hour.

My favourite is steamed ginger rice. They also offer regular steamed rice (mixed with a bit of red rice) and congee.

You may opt for an extra portion of one of the four dishes provided in the set lunch in exchange for one less. For example you would like to skip number 4 (which is usually a mock meat dish) and take extra some more number 1 (which is usually boiled Chinese greens), say it in Cantonese - "chou" sei (4) "dor" yut (1) . "chou" literally means "run, skip" and "dor" means "more".

For a set lunch at HKD 36 a bowl of chinese soup is included, with literally unlimited supply of rice/congee, plus 4 dishes.

The menu changes every day.

Pros: free flow of rice and congee, good price

Cons: limited seating, Chinese menu only

Tin Yan Vegetarian , Hong Kong - Edit

When I visited here it was in the middle of lunch time. I asked what I could have and was advised that only the set lunch deal was on offer. Thus the set lunch deal I had.

There was soup followed by a tray of 4 different things. There was tofu, Chinese green leaves, some cauliflower and a main dish that featured some mock meat. Boiled rice was also offered but I declined. All was perfectly nice and pretty decent value at 36 hkd.

After I finished eating I was asking some questions about the restaurant (opening times etc). There was a lady working in the kitchen who spoke English who was passed through to handle my questions (I regret my Cantonese is neglible).

Pros: Vegan friendly, Tasty and inexpensive, Nice staff

Return to New Territories Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tin Yan Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.