CLOSED: Tin Front Cafe

Contact 412-461-4615

216 E Eighth Ave, Homestead, Pennsylvania, USA, 15120

Local vegetarian restaurant with attached cookware shop, situated near the waterfront in Homestead's historic shopping district. Restored, yellow-and-white storefront with elaborate pressed-tin ornamentation. Four-bean chili (vegans ask to hold the cheese sprinkled on top), butternut squash lasagna with a bechamel sauce, risotto-stuffed portabella cap with sauteed spinach, polenta pizza, craft beers brewed in Pennsylvania. Ask what's vegan suitable, and your server will assist you. CONFIRMED CLOSED, SEP 2016. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine

First Review by kzollman

Best Vegetarian Restaurant in Pittsburgh - Edit

I re-reading my review I noticed how glowing it is so let me start by saying that I am not affiliated with them in any way. I'm just a customer that likes the place enough to keep coming back.
This is my favorite place in Pittsburgh, and I've tried them all. This is a small family run business and they make absolutely everything themselves, down to the sauerkraut for the Reubens and the bread.This also means that their menu is small but everything is fresh. They always have vegan options. My favorite is the polenta with veggie saussage and ratatouille. I've had it about 20 times now and I still love it. Also, go there for Martini night on Fridays. They infuse their own vodka. Delicious. In the summer you can sit in their lovely pation with the fun artwork. It's just a welcoming place with great food, run by people who give a shit. What more can you want?

Pros: everything fresh plus vegan options, home-infused vodka, easy parking and great patio

Cons: sorry - drawing a blank

More Vegetarian than Vegan - Edit

I ate here a while ago. The food was good but not exciting. If I remember correctly, I ordered the vegetarian homemade lasagne and a house salad. The owner is extremely accommodating and engaging. There were not many vegan options other than your standard house salad with a balsamic vinaigrette. The adjoining kitchen shop is nice and does have a number of quality goods.

Pros: decent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: needs more vegan options, needs more creative entrees

Best vegetarian in Pittsburgh - Edit

I really love this place. It's a little out of the way (unless you're going to the waterfront), but you will be glad you went there. The menu, which changes constantly, is entirely vegetarian with some vegan options available. The menu follows the season, so it tends to be better in spring and summer. Although the food has no predetermined style it leans toward southern U.S. I've enjoyed every meal I've had there, both lunch and dinner.

The decor presents a simple, low key place. Good for a nice dinner, but not overly pretentious. In the summer there is a patio out back.

In addition to the good food, they make excellent cocktails. My only complaint is that the service can sometimes be slow.

Pros: Seasonal, Well prepared food, Cocktails

Cons: Service

Has CLOSED: Tin Front Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1726 times since Jun 2010.