Tin Cup

Contact 905-469-1441

1540 N Service Rd W, Oakville, Ontario, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers some vegetarian food. Has vegan mac and cheese, vegan cauliflower wings, vegetable curry, and salads. 3 veggie burgers are available - Buddha burger, California burger, and portobello burger. Open Mon-Thu 12:00am-1:00am, Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00am-2:00am.

Category: American, Non-veg

First Review by ThatHippieMom

Yummy cauliflower, the mac and cheese was not my favorite - Edit

I wanted the buhdah burger but they were all out so I had the vegan Mac and cheese. The sauce was very garlicy, which I didn't like, but the pasta as a whole wasn't horrible. The cauliflower wings on top were great and I confirmed that the ones I got had no animal by products, like butter. I read the review that said the sauce was too spicy so I asked for medium sauce instead of hot sauce and that was a good call. I prefer my homemade vegan Mac and cheese so I won't be ordering that again, but if I come in the future I will get an order of mild cauliflower wings.

Pros: Cauliflower wings, Accommodating (switching sauce to mild)

Cons: The "cheese" sauce on the mac and cheese

Impressive food and service but high prices - Edit

Went here today with my mother and 3 year old daughter, we had the vegan mac n cheese, Buddha burger and butternut squash salad. Our waitress was very nice and the food came out pretty quickly. The Buddha burger was quite good and the sweet potato fries were amazing. The butternut squash salad was described as follows: Baby spinach, quinoa, roasted butternut squash, pumpkin seeds, pecans, shaved parmesan cheese, dried cranberries, maple balsamic vinaigrette. We asked for no cheese and dressing on the side and they were happy to accommodate however what actually showed up on the plate was not quite what we were expecting. What we received was spinach leaves, a few cubes of roasted butternut squash and a tiny sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, quinoa and cranberries and I mean tiny. If it was gathered all together it would maybe equal a tablespoon of toppings and no pecans to be found. It was a good salad but hardly worth the $13 price tag. The vegan mac n cheese comes with spicy deep fried cauliflower florets on top. I had asked our waitress how spicy they meant because I am a serious wimp about spice. She assured me that they were not too spicy, however they were VERY spicy. I told her about the issue and she didn’t really know how she could help but went to find out from the kitchen. At that point the manager came out to see what he could do to help. He told me that the cauliflower is tossed in their medium wing sauce which is butter and sriracha. I said butter, really, because that would not be vegan. He back peddled a bit and said well it used to be (?) and that he didn’t know what they made it out of now (?). I asked if I could get them plain with BBQ sauce on the side for dipping since I now had some trust issues about the butter. He was happy to bring me a new plate and I really did enjoy the mac n cheese and plain cauliflower. The BBQ dipping sauce was great and really complimented the mac n cheese well, they should serve it like that all the time! I did enjoy the food but the mac n cheese was waaaaaaaay overpriced at $18 for a pretty small serving. I would go back but only after I make sure this butter thing was an honest mistake.

Pros: food, service

Cons: price, not actually vegan????

Return to Oakville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tin Cup closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.