Time for Lime

72/2 Mo 3, Klong Dao Beach, Koh Lanta, Thailand, 81150

Serves meat, vegan options available. Seasonal operation, starts October month each year. Bungalows, cooking school, bar, and restaurant on the southern end of Klong Dao beach. Serves food Mon-Sat from 5pm til 9:30pm last order. Changing food items and a course tasting menu are available with vegetarian choices. Could take vegetarian cooking class (specify when booking). Profits goes to Lanta Animal Welfare, a cat and dog rescue clinic in the island established by the owner. Open Mon-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by reissausta ja ruokaa

Date night - Edit

Save this one for a special occasion. It's a bit pricey. Although maybe that's just the cheaper traveller in me talking.
I'll note now all profits go to fund Lanta Animal Welfare which is a dog and cat rescue and re homing program that they run. Also worth a visit and if you have time can volunteer.

There is a separate vegan/vegetarian menu which is a 6 course tasting menu which alternates daily. It's $480. The foods great! worth the money. It's not fast Thai food. It's Quality.

I had a great night, I wouldn't return just because I'd like to stretch my Baht as far as possible and there is great cheaper food on the island.

Pros: Food was 10/10

Cons: Expensive

Fantastic Vegan Tasting Menu!! - Edit

Fantastic Vegan Tasting Menu!! Wonderful to drink and eat for a good cause. What a beautiful restaurant right on the beach. Loved the chocolate mousse.

Pros: Vegan Tasting Menu, Beautiful restaurant right on the beach, Eating for a good cause

Try the tasting menu at least once - good value! - Edit

I´ve been here several times on years 2014, 2015 and 2016 and I want to update my review. Ask for a vegetarian menu, so you will see what is on today´s list. The menu is different every day, 6 days a week (closed on Sundays).

Time for Lime has the best food on the island and there´s no other place like this anywhere. The Thai fusion food is so good! When you stay in Thailand for long you get bored to same curries and pad thais. Time for Lime has some dishes that you won´t find anywhere else, but still the foods tastes very Thai.

And the best thing about Time for Lime is that the owner donates the profits to Lanta Animal Welfare rescue center that she has founded.

On quiet low season you usually can order just one portion of food, so you can choose one dish from the tasting menu. On busy high season you probably need to order the whole tasting menu, but you should try that at least once during your stay! Last time in August 2016 I had it three times during a week.

My favourite food here is fried sweet potato with Thai herb salad, Time for Lime pumpkin soup, the curries and pepper leaf wraps. Some friends have loved their spring rolls, so they are good too. Then we had some paprika with balsamic vinegar spicy sauce, that was unusual and good.

The tasting menu could be eg. this
1. tofu-cashewnut-vegetable sauce with rice - nice smokey flavour
2. tofu and taro-kind of vegetable rolled inside pepper leaf - okay, had not had pepper leaf before
3. massaman curry with rice - great! And quaranteed no fish sauce or shrimp paste in the currypaste
4. fried onion rings - good, a bit usual dish, but good
5. coconut soup with thai herbs - good
6. watermelon and pineaple - it would have been great to get something more special for vegans

During my stay at Time for Lime´s bungalows I had cocktails at the bar now and then. I tried
* lemongrass margarita - tasty, I usually don´t like margaritas
* mojito - well made (the same can not be said about most other beach bars in Thailand)
* amaretto sour - great, I hadn´t had this before and this became my new favourite

I´ve done the cooking course twice and it is easy to do it vegan. I have been in May Kaidee´s vegetarian cooking school in Bangkok and I was glad that I took this in Time for Lime because I learned new things about thai cooking (also on the second time). And I made such a good food at the cooking class!

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-22

Pros: best food and cocktails in Koh Lanta, amazing opportunity to enjoy vegan tasting menu, profits go to Lanta Animal Welfare

Must see when in Koh Lanta! - Edit

Fantastic place, right on the beach, the owner seems to have a lot of love for details. Best (thai) food I've had! Definitely try the tasting menu - it's worth the money in every way. Great cooking classes. Also pay Koh Lanta Animal Welfare a visit, they do an amazing job - kind of a must for vegans and animal lovers, isn't it ;)

Pros: great food, supports Koh Lanta Animal Welfare, interior

Great Soup! - Edit

We dropped by here late in the evening and ordered the Time for Lime signature soup in a vegan version. It was probably the best soup I've ever had, a must try if you're here on a thursday.

They have a changing menu for every day, the tasting menue is really expensive in my view (450 B). The place is cozy but you must like cats as they are basically everywhere.

The profits of this place go to the Ko Lanta Sanctuary, a welfare organisation the owner of Time for Lime build by herself. It's something that really annoys me because in the menue you can see quotes of her saying how she loves animals but we all know this is the old story of hypocrisy itself. Why do they serve chicken, beef and sealife? I dont get it.

Pros: Time for lime soup is the best

Cons: Owner is really fake, Serves meat although linked to animal welfare

Tasting Menu - Edit

This place is great, right on the beach and it's a super pretty spot especially at nightfall. We had the veganised vegetarian tasting menu which, although on the pricey side, was really good. The only disappointment was that the dessert was just fruit so I'd like to see them step up their game here. The cocktails really are as good as they say they are and at happy hour you can show up and eat their amazing spring rolls whilst sipping a cocktail in a deckchair on the sand.

Profits to go support the amazing Lanta Animal Welfare so it's definitely worth a visit.

Pros: Amazing Spring Rolls, Supports an Animal Sanctuary, Vegan tasting menu

Cons: Expensive

Return to Koh Lanta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Time for Lime closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.