Time for Lime

• Veg-friendly
Contact +66-75684590

72/2 Mo 3, Klong Dao Beach
, Koh Lanta, Thailand, 81150

Serves meat, vegan options available. Budget bungalows, cooking school, bar, and restaurant on the southern end of Klong Dao beach. Changing food items and a course tasting menu are available with vegetarian choices; last order 9:30pm. Free Wi-Fi. Could take vegetarian cooking class (specify when booking). Profits goes to Lanta Animal Welfare, a cat and dog rescue clinic in the island established by the owner.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by reissausta ja ruokaa

Great Soup! - Edit

We dropped by here late in the evening and ordered the Time for Lime signature soup in a vegan version. It was probably the best soup I've ever had, a must try if you're here on a thursday.

They have a changing menu for every day, the tasting menue is really expensive in my view (450 B). The place is cozy but you must like cats as they are basically everywhere.

The profits of this place go to the Ko Lanta Sanctuary, a welfare organisation the owner of Time for Lime build by herself. It's something that really annoys me because in the menue you can see quotes of her saying how she loves animals but we all know this is the old story of hypocrisy itself. Why do they serve chicken, beef and sealife? I dont get it.

Pros: Time for lime soup is the best

Cons: Owner is really fake, Serves meat although linked to animal welfare

Tasting Menu - Edit

This place is great, right on the beach and it's a super pretty spot especially at nightfall. We had the veganised vegetarian tasting menu which, although on the pricey side, was really good. The only disappointment was that the dessert was just fruit so I'd like to see them step up their game here. The cocktails really are as good as they say they are and at happy hour you can show up and eat their amazing spring rolls whilst sipping a cocktail in a deckchair on the sand.

Profits to go support the amazing Lanta Animal Welfare so it's definitely worth a visit.

Pros: Amazing Spring Rolls, Supports an Animal Sanctuary, Vegan tasting menu

Cons: Expensive

Try the tasting menu at least once - good value - Edit

I had a vegan version of the tasting menu. They promote that the vegetarian option is available every day. The non-vegetarian tasting menu is different every day of the week but I don´t know about the vegetarian version.

The foods tasted great and it did not take long between the dishes. If there would be also other foods than the tasting menu, I would definitely eaten here every day. Now it would have been too expensive for me to spend 450 baht every evening for the tasting menu. The food available in Koh Lanta is not so great, so you definitely should try this tasting menu at least once to get good food during your stay at Koh Lanta.

Foods that I got:
1. tofu-cashewnut-vegetable sauce with rice - nice smokey flavour
2. tofu rolled inside pepper leaf - okay, had not had pepper leaf before
3. massaman curry with rice - great! And quaranteed no fish sauce or shrimp paste in the currypaste
4. fried onion rings - good, a bit usual dish, but good
5. coconut soup with thai herbs - good
6. watermelon and pineaple - it would have been great to get something more special

During my stay at Time for Limes bungalows I had cocktails at the bar now and then. I tried
* lemongrass margarita - tasty, I usually don´t like margaritas
* mojito - well made (the same can not be said about most other beach bars in Thailand)
* amaretto sour - great, I hadn´t had this before and this became my new favourite

I also took the cooking course and it was easy to do it vegan. I have been in May Kaidee´s vegetarian cooking school in Bangkok and I was glad that I took this in Time for Lime because I learned new things about thai cooking. And I made such a good food at the cooking class!

Pros: tasting menu tastes good, good cocktails

Cons: tasting menu is expensive, no other foods than tasting menu

Return to Koh Lanta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Time for Lime closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 847 times since Apr 2014.