Tijuana Flats

Contact 850-301-0002

39 Eglin Parkway NE, Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA, 32548

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tex-Mex fast food chain. Casual atmosphere, order at counter. Reported no meat broth in rice, no dairy in guacamole, and no lard in beans or cooking.

Category: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Tex-Mex, Non-veg

First Review by vegeray

One of my favs - Edit

This place is one of my husband and I's favorite places. When we don't feel like cooking we usually choose to go here. I love the black bean and veggie burritos and I also get tacos with black beans too. There salsa and guacamole are delicious.

Vegan & Family Friendly - Edit

We ended up at Tijuana Flats after the first place we went to didn't have high chairs. So down the road we went and I'm so happy that we did. The staff is polite and vegan-knowledgeable. Most of the items are easily made vegan, even the kids meal.
What we ordered:
Chips and Guacamole
Norritto (burrito bowl) with black beans and refried beans.
Veggie & Bean Burrito (sans cheese)Comes with Chips
Kids meal burrito (refried beans & rice) with apple juice and banana (other option is applesauce.) Comes with chips.
Everything was excellent. Filling and tasty and not a hint of cross-contamination with non-veg items.
The Hot Bar has a lot of great hot sauces. We stuck to the mild ones for the most part. We especially loved the "Slap my @$$ and call me Sally-Sweet" and the "Caribbean Soul Key Lime." Husband tried the Ghost Chile but as we're from New Mexico it wasn't that hot to us.
Also worth a mention, we didn't order them this time, but our server confirmed the banana empanada desert is vegan. Not sure if this includes the caramel sauce or not, but it's nice to know you can finish your meal with something sweet.
The patio is dog friendly (complete with water bowls) and kid friendly (complete with bean bag toss and sidewalk chalk.)

Pros: Vegan friendly staff/ menu, Family Friendly, Dog Friendly (on patio)

Nice, accomodating, veg/canine friendly! - Edit

My family (husband and two dogs, haha) and I have come here to eat multiple times and it has always been very pleasant! Patio seating outside allows dogs, and the waiters were very kind and even brought out treats! Our food was delicious with no traces of meat or cheese. Would recommend!

Vegetarian Concern - Edit

I loved this place. Once we found meat in an item and they were very apologetic and upset. We stayed away for a long time. Many of our veg friends said give it another try. But found chicken or meat in a bean burrito. You hae to be very careful

Pros: vegan items, good , friendly

Cons: not careful, may find meat

Return to Fort Walton Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tijuana Flats closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1418 times since Nov 2010.