First Review by vegbride

Amazing Restaurant! - Edit

The place is so cozy and clean. The staff are friendly and they always help you with any questions you have on the menu. Almost everything has a vegan or vegetarian option. This place is awesome! The food is delicious!

Pros: Vegan Options, Vegetarian Options, Fast Paced

Cons: Small dinning area

Nice Place - Edit

I go here regularly. Staff is nice and there are crafted vegan meals that are delicious and no need to be modified to fit a vegan diet. Limited options but definitely great for the area. Peanut Thai Tofu Wrap, Purple Rain Smoothie and Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt is what I always end up getting. Repetitive but so good I don't mind.

Pros: Staff, Quality Of Food

Cons: Limited Options

Glorious Cafe, Meh Food - Edit

Tiger Lily is the best place imaginable to hang out with friends chatting and drinking juice or coffee, the decor is wild and the seats are comfy - they even have books for customers to read. But the food on offer is pretty uninspiring. There aren't that many vegetarian or vegan options and they are fairly basic things like hummus wraps. Don't get me wrong, I love a hummus wrap and Tiger Lily's hummus wrap is tasty, it's just that when I eat out I like to have something I can't make so easily at home. So, as a local, when I want a meal in Port Jeff I tend to go to other places where the atmosphere may not be so electric but the food is more interesting. But if I want to take visiting friends out for an afternoon in Port Jeff, Tiger Lily is always on the itinerary: its a great place to sip and chat.

Pros: Fantastic Atmosphere, Comfy Chairs, Delicious Juices

Cons: Boring Food

disappointing - Edit

I visited a few months ago and was very disappointed. The place was shabby and unclean and the staff were rude. A broken lamp fell on me! Worst of all, they are anti-breastfeeding! The other nursings mamas and I were asked not to come back. Not very hip. There were few veg options and the prices were a bit high.

Eclectic and Tasty - Edit

We stopped in Tiger Lily for a late afternoon snack. Although, their food offerings are not completely vegan, they do have a few vegetarian offerings as well as standard coffee shop and juice bar fare. We split a brie and pear sandwich that was pretty darn tasty. The decor is artsy and eclectic and would be a good place to chill with a book or hang out with some friends.

Pros: Tasty, Helpful Staff

Return to Port Jefferson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tiger Lily Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1501 times since Aug 2007.