Tierra Kitchen

+44-1297-445189

1A Coombe Street, Lyme Regis, England, DT7 3PY

Cafe/restaurant located in the town's cultural quarter. Warm, rustic feel inside, while outside is a sunny stream-side terrace. Brunch-lunch means freshly prepared dishes, coffee, juices and in-house-made cakes and pastries. Dinner means a weekly changing menu and twists on classics. Open Tue-Sat 6:00pm-9:00pm, Wed-Sat 12:00pm-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Bakery, Catering, French, Spanish, African

First Review by PhilSleigh

Happy Vegan! - Edit

We booked table for dinner, I think they may have forgot to book us in but thy accommodated us anyway and I am glad they did as the food was really good! They had several vegan friendly wines on the winelist,

We had had a trio of falafels to nibble on while we waited and a pepper roulade with giant cous couse for mains followed by a Cava & Cheddar Strawberry Trifle, with honeycomb & a coconut vanilla ice cream.

We will definitely be back! It was yummy! x

Pros: Lovely Food, Vegan friendly Wine

Vegetarian heaven - Edit

It is so often utterly depressing eating out as a vegetarian. Choices are often dull, unimaginative stodge or so "healthy" as to be entirely unsatisfying.
All praise then to this unpretentious but delightful cafe style reataurant. The food choices are all full of imagination and tasy and unusual combinations; beautfully presented and made and served with thought and love and totally delicious and satisfying. Not a huge menu but well thought out and the puddings are a sinful delight too. Small premises but a pleasant outside seating area by the river in a reasonably quiet part of this bustling town.
It would be no exageration to say this was probably the finest meal I have had out. Not cheap but not overpriced either. Eat your heart out River Garden, a few miles away.

Pros: great setting, unpretentious, amazing imaginative and satisying food

Cons: none

divine vegan lunch - Edit

I love this place. My omni friend and I turned up on yesterday's rainy Saturday afternoon. We enjoyed tasty food in a pleasant atmosphere. I ate a block pastry dish with pistachio pesto and long stemmed broccoli. My pud (both meals vegan) was layers of loveliness- blueberry purée, nougette, ganache, mocha - to be honest I knew what any of it meant but it was glorious

Pros: great location and town , tasty vegan options

Absolutely Amazing Food - A Delightful Discovery - Edit

I was in Lyme Regis with work colleagues, and we happened upon Tierra. I am vegan and all my colleagues are omnivores. We had the most amazing food, probably the best food I have ever eaten out in England. Colleagues have said, that this is the best place they have eaten this year. Wonderful, exciting, delicious food. It is worth visiting Lyme Regis simply to have a meal here. Two weeks later and we are still talking about it.

Pros: Wonderful food, Vegan dishes & beverages, Amazing deserts

Great find for vegan food - Edit

This restaurant is a great find and Lyme is very lucky to have such great quality vegetarian cuisine, especially being such a small town.

I went with my husband as we were staying in the area – we were really glad to be able to find a dedicated vegetarian restaurant where there were plenty of vegan options rather than having to ask and check all the ingredients.

We both had a wonderful, rich and flavourful mixed mushroom dish for the main, and for pud my husband had a plum and chocolate pudding – really rich and gooey and the flavours worked perfectly. My quince pudding was a bit thick in consistency but a great flavour nonetheless – quince is a really overlooked fruit but it has a distinctive perfumed flavour and should be used more, I my opinion.

The restaurant is quite small and intimate but one space-saving idea is that they print the menu as place mats – so you can always check back on what you’ve ordered, and peruse the menu for drinks and puddings etc. without having to ask for the menu back again; I think that many restaurants miss out on potential spending on extras by not having the menu to hand.

Oh, and the staff were friendly and efficient too, so all in all, a great evening.

Pros: Staff know what vegan means , Modern, adventurous cuisine, Friendly service

Delicious - Edit

Best soup that I've ever had...enough said!

Pros: amazing combinations, lovely staff

Lovely restaurant - Edit

This is a small vegetarian restaurant with friendly staff, near the centre of Lyme Regis.

They seem to always have vegan options.

Our meals were very interesting and tasty, and used unusual combinations of ingredients. We really enjoyed our visit, and came away with ideas we'd never have tried before.

It wasn't made clear that the bread and olives offered while waiting for our meal would be charged for - but as the food wasn't over-expensive this wasn't a big problem (and they were nice!).

The restaurant is quite new - we hope it does well, and to visit again. We recommend trying it.

Pros: Lovely location, Excellent and interesting food, Friendly staff

Cons: Charging not entirely clear

Return to Lyme Regis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tierra Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1985 times.