Tien Sin

• Vegan
Contact 02-2348183

Thanon Si Wiang, off Charoen Krung Rd (at opposite the turn off from Shangri La), Bangkok, Thailand,

A basic Thai vegetarian eatery located 30 meters from Charoen Krung Rd. Order by choose and point at the counter. Sells a wide selection of mock meats to buy for home cooking. Directions: Take exit 4 of Saphan Taksin rail station, take 1st left on to Charoen Krung, then take 2nd street on the right (Thanon Si Wiang), and it's approx. 30m on your left.

Category: Vegan, Thai, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by w11guy

A real delight. - Edit

We had to order our food by pointing, but what a delight knowing everything was vegan! We adored the food and general mood here. A happy lunch! Wish we could have gone more than once. We wanted to try everything available! So inexpensive.

Pros: cheap, great taste

100% - Edit

One of the best Jay option in BKK I had so far.
Food is amazing and has something unique to it. Was suprised to have potatoe and pineapple in the curry. Really really nice and the other food was really good too.
Prices are also really low... paid for one dish 30-40THB+free water... so 100%. Will go there again in the future.

Best food in the Saphan Thaksin area - Edit

Tien Sin does flavor and texture unusually well. We had three items from their made-to-order menu and all were well above average.

We'd suggest arriving well before noon, for the best selection of food and to avoid the busiest part of the lunch rush.

Prices are surprisingly low, especially for the high quality.

Pros: All vegan, and very tasty

Really Tasty - Edit

It's kind of hidden but when you find it it's easy to spot.

It's a buffet style but they serve you. I don't speak Thai at all. I just pointed to a plate and pointed to each dish I wanted. They were very kind and seemed used to people like me w/ weak communication skills.

It was insanely cheap for a full plate of food. I wanted to get a second plate but decided to move on.

It was so delicious, there was this spicy dish that was SO GOOD. My non-vegan boyfriend even enjoyed it.

I didn't get an upset stomach or anything like that I felt totally great after. Wasn't too greasy at all. Some travel tips tell you to stay away from "pre-cooked, prepared food stalls" and even tho the food was prepared already here it was really hot and there were so many people eating here there was probably batches of the dishes being made throughout the morning.

Highly recommend. Can be a little nerve racking but everyone is nice and gets you your food with ease.
Just be sure to learn how to say Thank you in Thai to at least have that under your belt.

Pros: Delicious, Fast, Cheap

Tien Sin, Bangkok - Edit

I found this place easily today courtesy of a happycow map marker that appears to be positioned perfectly. Directions:-

1) Come out exit 4 of the train station
2) take 1st left
3) Then take 2nd street on the right
4) The restaurant should appear on your left hand side

The girl working here today spoke Mandarin. Since my better half does also we were able to ask some questions. we were told that they don't use egg nor dairy products. That includes the mock meats being egg & dairy free. Thus it seems to be all vegan.

The food is tasty and inexpensive.

Pros: Seems to be all vegan, Tasy & inexpensive, Easy to find

Great Lunch Place - Go Early - Edit

This is a great place to go for a cheap and tasty breakfast or lunch. There's usually a choice of 8-12 hot dishes that you can have with rice. Also a separate noodle bar. Also often have fake meat type dishes, spring rolls, etc. Rice and two dishes is 40 baht ($1.30) and rice and three dishes is 45 baht ($1.500. Go early though, as by around 1pm the food starts to run out. Best time to go is before noon. Gets very crowded from 12-1.

Note that this place is only open Monday to Saturday.

Pros: Vegan, Large Choice, Great tasting food

Cons: Closed Sunday

great food - Edit

When in the area: look no further. It's packed with Thai during lunch for a reason. I liked the food, as it tastes natural and fresh.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday July 09, 2013

Pros: delicious , cheap

Cons: sometimes hard to find seat

Best Vegan Place In This Area - Edit

The food in this place is always fresh. It's just a basic shophouse style cafe, but you can tell it's good my how crowded it is. Mornings and lunchtimes it's packed with locals. You have a choice of about 8-10 hot dishes, plus fake meats and rice. Often they have rice porridge, which is ell worth trying. They also do noodle dishes and have a Thai menu that has items that they cook to order. Highly recommended. And very cheap.

Pros: Very good quality food, Very reasonable prices, Easy to find

Cons: Closed Sundays

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tien Sin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4394 times since Jul 2010.