Tiean Aruy

• Vegetarian
Contact 0841180122

356/27, Pattaya Long Beach Road, Soi. Grand Joientean palace, Pattaya, Thailand,

Name in Thai is เทียนอ้าย. It sits behind Grand Joientean Beach Hotel. Offers Chinese noodles in addition to Thai food, salads, and beverages. All vegan food except for dairy milk.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Thai

First Review by earthville

Okay food but a bit weird service - Edit

This is not on the Pattaya Beach Road Soi, it is on Jomtien Beach Road Soi.

When I went there on December 2013 I felt like the staff were a little suprised that I came there. I don´t know who their customers usually are because they are located in such a turisty area in Jomtien.

This is located on the northern soi next to the Grand Jomtien Beach Hotel. There are many shops on that soi.

I had foods from the buffet and it was okay. But I did not feel comfortable because I felt like the staff was wondering a little that how an earth did I come there. The staff was very friendly and nice, but I don´t like to eat in restaurants where I feel like I probably shouldn´t be there.

They showed me the menu, but I understood that they didn´t have the foods? I think the staff needs to improve their English and customer service. I couldn´t find out what else I could have had than food from the buffet.

I visited this on December 2013.

Pros: cheap, the only veg restaurant in Jomtien

Cons: Service was a little weird, Menu foods not available?

Only veg*n place near Jomtien beach as of Sep '13 - Edit

Tiean Aruy is a small eatery/café/shop just a ways down the soi just on the north side of the Grand Joientean.

On my visit, the were serving a curious mix of of a few buffet dishes and a selection of frozen packaged veggie meals that they heat up on demand. They also handed me a menu (with English), but then told me actually nothing from the menu was available.

Not being a huge fan of frozen packaged meals, i opted for a plate with all three items from the three-item buffet. It was on the late end of lunch, so the items were cold. I asked if they could heat them (through the aid of a bilingual patron), and once hot i found it tasty and reasonably priced at 40B including brown rice.

They also offer juices, coffee, and tea. The place appears to be mostly vegan with the exception of cans of Carnation milk kept on hand for the coffee (though i didn't check the ingredients on the boxes of frozen meals).

The shop sells teas, snacks (dried fruit, nuts, and other crunchy things), and a small selection of dried and canned staples.

Pros: affordable, brown rice, fresh juices

Cons: some items are frozen packaged meals

Return to Pattaya Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tiean Aruy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1653 times since Oct 2010.