Tibits

12-14 Heddon Street (at off Regent Street), London, England, W1B 4DA

Connected with Hiltl restaurant in Zurich, Europe's oldest vegetarian restaurant, Tibits is a short stroll from famous Piccadilly Circus. Features a food boat of savory entrees as well fresh salads--help yourself to what you'd like, and a staff will weigh your plate. Food is served until 30 minutes before closing. Has fresh juices and takeaway containers available. Every Tuesday is all vegan from lunch onward. Reservations taken for group of 4 or more. Open Mon-Wed 9:00am-10:30pm, Thu-Sat 9:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:30am-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by marybheine

The food was mediocre - Edit

My husband (vegetarian) and I (vegan) came on a saturday night. We each grabbed a plate a food, and while they did have a large selection of vegan options, most of them were cold dishes which was disappointing since it was dinner time and we wanted hot food. The marinated tofu (cold) was actually quite tasty, but everything else was just standard. I did like the experience aspect of going, but I think I would have rather gone somewhere that served hot food during dinner time.

Pros: cool concept, good atmosphere, large variety of vegan options

Cons: cold vegan food, mediocre

Vegan Tuesday is nice! - Edit

Wide variety of great food, and the vegan Tuesday is great! Amazing dessert options too. The only thing stopping me from coming there on regular basis is the price. Unless you're very modest with the amount you take on your plate, it could get pretty pricey.

14/01/17 - Edit

Visited for my first time on 14/01/17. Great variety of food and it's all of excellent quality. Very busy when we visited but in fairness it was peak time on a Saturday evening. The only downside is that it's very expensive for what is essentially a buffet. Will visit again, when feeling flush!

All food is clearly marked what is and isn't vegan.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-20

Pros: Great quality food

Cons: Expensive, Quite cramped between tables, especially when busy

A vegan feast - Edit

I loved everything about tibits! The wine and vegan options were delicious (as was the vegetarian food, my partner tells me), and the setting was beautiful. It was very reasonably priced, too. I'm looking forward to taking my family there in the future!

Fantastic choice - Edit

This place is very handy for pre-theatre vegetarian meals in the West End. They have an excellent well stocked buffet. As someone with allergies and intolerances there is always plenty of choice for me and dishes are well labelled for allergens. Deserts look good too but I’m usually too full to enjoy them, so I buy one of their scrumptious vegan cakes to take home. The upstairs seating area is colourful and bright but can be crowded. There is also a slightly more spacious basement seating area or alternatively it’s very pleasant to sit outside on a sunny day on the paved street with no passing traffic fumes.

Pros: Well stocked buffet

Heaven!!!!! - Edit

2017: Last time I visited the only let down was the lack of vegan desserts but that's all changed. The sponge cake was out of this world, one of the best desserts I have ever eaten! Buffet was amazing, almost all vegan!

2013: I love Tibits! I have been to a few in Switzerland and the London one was just as good - clearly marked vegan options - and lots of them, very fresh, good variety, healthy and some unhealthy (wedges and onion rings), nice decor. Only downside is there was VERY limited vegan desserts.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, clearly marked, Variety , Fresh

Tasty treats in London - Edit

This is a buffet-style restaurant; you load up the food on a two-tier table; all dishes clearly labeled. Then you take your plate over to the bar to get the plate weighed and pay for the amount you've taken. They had friendly help there for my first visit even though I was pretty jet-lagged flying in from CA. They also have great juices and I splurged on a fabulous chocolate brownie. Both times I went it was crowded but found a nice seat by the window.

Updated from previous review on 2014-04-21

Pros: tasty food , well-labeled dishes, good variety

Cons: don't know price until plate is weighed

Handy central London location - Edit

The food boat is great opportunity to try a little bit of lots of different things. Each dish has a label indicating whether it is vegan and what allergens it contains and Tuesday is vegan night (everything vegan). I normally go for the salads but there are hot options too. The cakes on the bar always include a vegan option and tend to work out cheaper than the deserts on the food boat.

It is self service my and you pay by weight. My plate normally ends up being around £10 which isn't bad for somewhere in the centre of London. However the cost can add up quickly and if you have a big appetite you can end up spending quite a bit.

Just off Regent Street but away from the hussle and bustle and the outside seating is nice in the summer.  If it looks busy, there is more seating downstairs.

Pros: Location, Choice

No regrets but probably wouldn't go again - Edit

Buffet by weight. A few choices but not overwhelming or exciting. The prices escalate very quickly, a small dish that wasn't even filling came to £10. Better choices elsewhere.

Pros: Atmosphere

Cons: Pricey

Nice selection, breakfast is cheaper - Edit

They serve breakfast items until 11:30a, which is cheaper and includes lots of savory options. We had brunch there and found a nice selection. Particularly the apple fig salad, lentil dish, and blueberry cream (vegan!). There were additional vegan dessert items at the counter. The gluten-free bread wasn’t that great and their guacamole was kind of boring (but that’s compared to California so I have high standards).

Pros: Creative options, Breakfast is cheap

Cons: Trial and error to find the great items

Good - Edit

Big buffet with many options. Everything has a label with the nutritional info (Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free...).
Staff would check the quantity left and the temperature of the food very often.
Considering the location, I wouldn't say it's expensive.. but sure it is not very cheap. Tap water available.

Pros: Location, Many options

Fresh food and plenty of choice - Edit

Tibits is by far my favourite restaurant in London. There are about 40 fresh vegetarian and vegan dishes every day to choose from on the buffet, and I am absolutely in love with their hot lemon water with ginger. It's rare to find such a gem in Central London, just a few minutes walk from Piccadilly and Oxford Street.

Pros: Plenty of choice, Fresh and tasty food, Fresh juices

Cons: Slightly expensive

worth a try if you're in London - Edit

Living in London and spending quite a lot of time in central I do come here quite often and while I am rarely disappointed, I wouldn't say it's the most exciting place either. I do like the buffet and the fact that there's a lot to choose from both savoury and dessert wise (and the desserts are always amazing!). However, it does get a bit expensive fairly quickly and sometimes there's not that many vegan choices. Most of the time there's enough that I feel like it's worth it but now and again I come in and then walk straight back out when I realise that maybe one of the hot dishes is vegan, and the rest are vegetarian.

I do think it's a good location, enough choice that you can bring meat eaters here without too much fuss on their part and it does have the advantage of being one of the few veggie places in central London specifically, but if it wasn't so central I would not bother going that often to be honest.

Pros: central location, nice desserts, good for mixed company

Cons: gets expensive, sometimes a lack of vegan choices

Try the desserts! - Edit

We had dinner there and it was fantastic. You can choose between lots of salads and warm dishes. Most of the meals are vegan.
Same as the desserts, they were amazing. Try the vegan sticky toffee pudding!

If you are really hungry, things can get expensive here cause you have to pay by weight!

If we return to London, we will definitely go back there.

Pros: Really delicious, Great choice oft desserts

Cons: Expensive

Personally but pricey - Edit

The area is very cozy in the center, but with the feeling of being a little remote. You can either sit outside or inside, and get to choose from lots of different type of food. You can always find something that you like, and most of it is vegan.

We ate there on Tuesday (when everything is vegan), and on Wednesday. When I was done with shovelling all the food on the plate it costed 17 pound, and later 5 pounds for the dessert, which is really pricey, even for being London.

If you have the money, it's worth the visit!

Pros: Cozy, Many options, Great food

Cons: Expensive

Good selection of food, but a bit pricey - Edit

Tibits has an interesting concept - you help yourself at the buffet, and then pay by weight. I have to admit it all worked out more expensive than I was expecting, and if the pricing were simpler I'd probably have eaten more, and felt more relaxed overall. The service is friendly, and the wide selection of food is appealing.

Pros: Wide selection of food, Friendly service

Cons: Expensive for what it is, Complicated pricing

Excellent food and service. - Edit

Everything is clearly marked as vegan. Delicious salads, onion rings (!!!), cole slaw, dressings, desserts, breakfast. I've been twice on this trip.

Wow - Edit

Not to oily or salty. Price is OK for this town. Many delicious dishes, lovely tempeh. I was in love with sticky toffee pudding and pineapple cake, but i have a serious sweet tooth condition :) My meat-eating family was very satisfied, so I recommend this place to everyone.

Pros: Many options, Labels, so you know if it contains nuts, dairy etc, Friendly staff

Cons: Some things were bland

Return to London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tibits closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.