Tian Zhi Yu - Heaven Driven Vegan

147, Heping 1st Rd, Lingya District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan

天之御草食, at 高雄市苓雅區和平一路147號, whose name translates to "Heaven Driven Vegan Food," is a Japanese style restaurant serving vegetable takoyaki (octopus balls) and lots of delicacies grilled with soy sauce. All food is made onsite. Open Mon 11:00am-2:30pm, 4:30pm-8:30pm, Wed-Sun 11:00am-2:30pm, 4:30pm-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Japanese, Take-out

First Review by HaileyPoLa

Not impressed - Edit

Although I was quite hungry, it was not easy to finish this meal - not because of big portions, but because of unwillingness to to continue. My colleague and I each chose the set meal, which includes miso, the balls, and entree. My entree, teppanyaki noodles, were billed as spicy but were not at all, just too dry and tasteless. The other entree was a vegetable casserole, that my colleague described as gluey, and left unfinished. Both of us left the balls unfinished, which were also gluey and uninteresting.

It is a rather small place (5 tables I think) that was full that day. Service seemed slow, with only one server, who was unavailable much of the time, apparently also doing kitchen duty.

Disappointed, definitely not interested in returning.

Pros: 100% vegan and allium-free , Cool, convenient location, in Cultural Center area

Cons: Uninspiring food taste and texture , Slow service

Amazing food - Edit

Tian Zhi Yu is definitely my favorite vegan restaurant in Kaohsiung! I love their vegan takoyaki balls, okonomiyaki (fried cabbage pancake) and fried noodles, as well as the miso soup. The portion is also pretty big. Highly recommended :)

Pros: amazing food , friendly staff, location

Return to Kaohsiung Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tian Zhi Yu - Heaven Driven Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.