First Review by mandynguy

Delicious and cheap vegan restaurant - Edit

This restaurant is located next door to a Buddhist temple. It's a small hole in the wall place with friendly service.

Everything seems to be vegan. The fake meat dishes we tried (sausage and chicken) were done well taste- and appearance-wise. I'll try to post a picture of the "fake sausage". Some of the dishes we tried are listed below:

#9 - stir fried veggie with fake fatty pork - really good! The vegetable was cooked just right. The fake fatty pork was also really good. Will try to post photo as well. We also tried another stirred fried veggie dish (forgot to write down the number), which was also really good.

#50 - fried rice - very flavorful.

#51 - dumplings - I love these. The plate was huge with like 15 dumplings too.

I forgot to write down the numbers for the other dishes we tried. Will update if I get a chance to go back.

Pros: Great food, Friendly service, Affordable

Buddhist vegetarian restaurant - Edit

Delicious Buddhist vegetarian restaurant, right near the temple on Tangshan St. This vegetarian restaurant is a favourite of mine, and I often come here with friends who are not vegetarian.

They do a big range of fake meats as well as stir friend vegetable dishes. The stirfried 'chicken' with cabbage dish is one of my favourites, and the do a great mapo tofu.

The only downside (if you can't read Chinese - I'm learning!) is that the menu is all in Chinese and there are no pictures. The staff are very helpful and happy to explain the dishes to you, or you can just point at things and take your chances! I've been quite a few times, so I just note down the dishes that I like, while I'm still learning to read the characters.

Pros: Delicious food , Great value , Buddhist temple nearby

Cons: Small restaurant, No picture menu

Delicious and Cheap - Edit

We've made a habit of eating here regularly because it's so tasty and affordable. Even our non-veggie friends are usually up for it. It can be alarming at first that menu mentions so much meat and seafood, but rest assured it's all vegan veggie versions.
Since our Chinese is still in the beginner stage, we generally just point to a couple of things, since there are no pictures on the menu, and we are usually positively surprised. (Two plates plus rice is plenty of food.) There's one woman who speaks some English and likes to make suggestions.
They also sell the meatless products they use, so you can cook at home.
Don't expect to find any beer with alcohol or tea with caffeine. They don't sell them.

Pros: Great food, great value, non-smoking

Return to Dalian Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tian Yuan Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1305 times since Aug 2009.