CLOSED: Ti diro

• Veg-friendly

Contact 065810626

via del Mattonato, 42. Trastevere, Rome, Italy, 00100

Serves meat, vegan options available. Rome restaurant, previously vegan but no longer since Dec 2011. Owned and managed by an American woman and perhaps with less veg choices - please check. Ti dirò is located in the Trastevere area of Rome. Also, reportedly may not offer food and now only be a cultural association. APR 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Open Tue-Sun.

Category: Lacto, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by paola

NOT a vegan restaurant anymore! - Edit

As of 1st December, the ownership of the place has changed and the restaurant serves meat! It is still an organic cultural club with vegan options (we had bean salad, artichoke salad, baked potatoes and white polenta with different veggies) at a reasonable price (including a teapot, 25 euros). You have to fill in a membership application, which is an Italian specialty, as cultural associations pay less tax to counterbalance their expenses for cultural events, as we were explained. There is no fee involved in the membership.

Pros: decent vegan food, music in the evening, cosy, antique feeling

Cons: not vegetarian

Alright - Edit

We tried to go here on a Sunday, but apparently the owner was out of town later than expected. We ended up coming back later in the week and they were able to easily accomodate us and were quite friendly and patient, suffering through our mangling of the language.

As for the food, It was good, though nothing spectacular. The portions were decent-sized and the experience overall wasn't bad. In terms of value, however, atmosphere doesn't count for as much as food quality, and in most situations I can't justify spending roughly $70 USD on something that is just ok.

Pros: Decent Food, Staff Speaks English, Friendly Atmosphere

Cons: "Decent" Food, A Bit Overpriced

Family-like, vegan-friendly - Edit

I think the lady who runs the place must have been off, as we had a nice girl who spoke little English instead. Still, the food was great - we had a five course vegan meal with some really cool dishes for around 30 euro. Hard to find, and as the other patrons piled in (we got there "early" at 8:00pm) the service became very slow, probably because it was just this one girl all night. Still, we were happy to have some good vegan food in Rome.

Pros: vegan

Cons: hard to find

Good, healthy food - Edit

Very healthy, simple vegan food (lots of it). Very frienly service, and home-like atmosphere. Not a gourmet place, but a very good, home-like cooking. Would come again. Do check if they are open on a specific by calling them first, since they do close for some holidays (we were there for Easter and were able to eat on Friday, but then were told that they close till next Tuesday).

Pros: healty, vegan

Cons: simple food

Nothing Special - Edit

I went after reading the enthusiastic reviews on this site, but i really found them too much positive... Yes, it's vegan, it's good, but nothing more. Portions are not big, there's not a lot to choose and... plastic bottle water?! rome has the best water in the world, why they don't use it? and the bread? i expected something home made, not industrial... surely I paid too much for what I ate. moreover, the environmental is too much hippie to me...sorry, but if i can choose, i go to other place!

Heaven in Trastavere - Edit

The Hostess is a God (and she is female as her t-shirt pointed out). The food is delicious and honest. It feels like you enter a living room with the family you always wanted.
Surf's Up

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff

The best restaurant in Rome! - Edit

Ti Diro is awesome. The food, restaurant, prices and staff get FULL MARKS from me. I went there twice while in Rome, and i walked away from this place feeling like sunshine both times!

The lady who runs it is a lovely person, and she makes all the food at home herself with really quality
ingredients (just ask her!) and she brings it to the restaurant to serve. There's one set menu a day, 4 courses: a salad, followed by a multigrains dish, then a legume dish and finally dessert! And all vegan too! So damn yummy and so damn healthy.
It cost 15 euros, entirely worth it for the amount of food you get!! I want to point out how nice and friendly the two staff were! There was no menu, for food or drinks, so you don't know prices at first glance. We were told the cost of the food, but had no idea what drinks cost until the end. I could have asked at any point though. This wasn't a problem, everything was just great!
When I went there, most of the staff were on holidays, and so the regular yoga classes were stopped and it was
only open for dinner, from 8pm til late. If you're hungry at 7pm, wait til 8... you won't regret it.
It is definitely worth going here! Feel free to ring her, like I did, (Fluent english and italian) and ask if she's open.
She closes on Mondays and some weekends when there's only 2 staff!

Don't miss it. This is a place to go and hang out for an evening! so grab a friend or five and taste some wines, homemade beers or juices, as well as the great food!!!

Pros: tasty food, healthy food, fantastic staff

Cons: not open all day, everyday!!

Cosy and tasty - Edit

Slightly different from other restaurants in that the menu of the day is the same for everyone and it isn't visible anywhere. The waitress tells you what the courses will be and asks if you want everything (we skipped the dessert). But she doesn't tell the price, which was a bit unsettling since we were on a very strict budget, in the end I guess it was affordable for a three course menu, but not in any means cheap. The food was great though and so was the atmosphere and the waitress was extremely nice.

Pros: goo and healthy food, great staff, atmosphere

Cons: no prices visible

Good food great atmosphere (great value) - Edit

i highly recommend this restaurant, food is delicious (macrobiotic - vegetarian - vegan), the atmosphere is very friendly, it doesn't look as a "normal" restaurant, I'd say it is much more similar to a nice living room. They also serve very good wines and raw beers (my favourite).
The price is more than reasonable.

Pros: food and drinks, atmosphere, value

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Ti diro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5812 times since Sep 2008.