Thuyen Vien

Contact 714-490-0242

1740 S Euclid (at W Katella Ave), Anaheim, California, USA, 92802

Vietnamese soups, tofu dishes, thai curry, and specialties like banana flower tacos, and vegan flan. May be all vegan. This restaurant was previously in Garden Grove. Takes debit cards.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Thai, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by KillerTofuRobot

Reeeallly Good!!! - Edit

This restaurant was so clean and the service was great. You could tell it was good because it got packed in no time! The curry dish was amazing and most plates had soy meat! Also the vegan flan is a must-try!

really enjoy this place! - Edit

We've been going here often and love the garlic chicken, lemongrass chicken and crispy spring rolls. The Thai ice tea is one of the best I've had and the Pho is also delicious. If you love spicy food ask for the owners special homemade hot sauce!
Updated from previous review on Friday February 05, 2016

Pros: cheap, cozy

Cons: minimal hours on weekdays

I love this place - Edit

The food is amazing! I went to have dinner there the other days with my friends that aren't vegan and they liked it as well. I've there a few times already and the food is always so good. One of my favorite vegan/vegetarian restaurants.

Pros: It's all vegan and the prices are pretty fair. It'

Love this place - Edit

We have eaten here a few times and only stopped going because we moved up to the Inland Empire. Now we are back in OC and ready to dine!
We love their soups, entrees and desserts. Definitely one of our favorite places to eat!

Pros: Affordable, Moderately fast, Friendly

Cons: small, limited parking

great food if you have the time to wait - Edit

We arrived and put our name in for small party. After waiting more than 20 minutes, we ordered something to eat while we waited. Another 20 minutes and we decided to order to go. Ordering took at least 5 minutes because the guy was interrupted several times. Ten minutes later a table opened up and we decided to stay. Another 20 minutes before we got our food. It was mostly good. Egg rolls were cold. Silly to have only one person in the kitchen. I will be back but only for take out.

Pros: quality of food

Cons: SLOW

Awesome Food! - Edit

I came here with my non-veg family, they loved every dish. Had the phone, royal soup, and orange chicken going around each was a hit. As for their dessert had the flan, and cheesecake and both were better than or on par with their non-vegan counterpart. I would recommend this place to anyone. Be warned if you get the spicy option it is very spicy!!

Pros: Delicious, Cleanliness, Good Condiments

Cons: Small Space, Only On Restroom, Dessert Portion Size

Two Words: Garlic Chicken - Edit

Most of the dishes are good--not bad, mind you, but good.

But skip those and ORDER THE GARLIC CHICKEN. You will think you're in Vegan heaven, because you are! I've been here countless times and the only times I left less than satisfied was when I stuck to other items. The Garlic Chicken is what they are known for, and the owner will even explain how it is made--right there in the restaurant. THE CHEESECAKE is also SUPER good!

Vegan food near Disneyland - Edit

We came for lunch each day we were at Disneyland for a break from the place and for yummy vegan food. We drove but you could walk it if you are not too tired from all the walking at Disney. I think it would be about 2kms. Anyway, we just loved the food. The prices are very reasonable and the portions generous. Loved the flan! My daughter also liked the 'crepe' which is more like a deep fried fritter full of tasty fake meat and mushroom bits. All the dishes we ordered we loved. The owner is very helpful and friendly.

Pros: near Disneyland, vegan desserts, good value

Cons: not open everyday at lunch

What a Delight! - Edit

Such sweet people run this foodery! It was my first time and I tried the Pumpkin Thai Curry with brown rice...and it was WAY tasty!!!! The flan was exceptional as well!!!!! I felt good after the meal and look forward to trying more next time!!!! Enjoy :0

Pros: Fresh, Tasty, Quick

Cons: No music

Great Food, Friendly Staff! - Edit

Food was excellent- I've tried the Vegan omelette, eggplant clay pot with brown rice, pumpkin curry, thai iced tea, and cheesecake. All were quite delicious, the eggplant clay pot is my favorite.

Pros: Delicious, Very Friendly Staff, Free parking

Cons: Frozen peas & carrots used in some

Thuyen Vien (Pho Veggie sign out front), Wonderful - Edit

I had two great meals at Thuyen Vien. It's a very popular restaurant. Most tables were kept full during the prime dining time and there was a lot of take out business, too. The service was wonderful and the food was divine. The Energy Bowl was fantastic. Desserts are great and prices are reasonable as well. Loved our dining experience and would recommend this restaurant to everyone whether they were vegan or not.

Pros: great food, great prices

Cons: dining area was small

Amazing food! - Edit

Thank goodness for the HappyCow App! I found this spot last time I was in town for work. I went twice the week I was there, and it was worth the cab the 2nd time! I liked their homemade soymilk, I think they use it for Thai tea, which was deeelish. I got a spicy tofu stir-fry with brown rice and added bok choy, SO good!!! I had the vegan cheesecake and VEGAN FLAN? Cheesecake was alright, I'd pass on the flan though! (Kinda weird!) I'll be back in Anaheim next week and I'm looking forward to visiting Thuyen Vien again!!

Pros: Excellent food, Nice people, House-made Soymilk

Popular to vegans and non-vegetarians - Edit

I come here often like once a week so the owner knows me very well. I keep going back because of the taste of their food. It's EXCELLENT!

The menu is extensive and only several that are non-vegan. My favorite is Deep Fried Tofu, Garlic Chicken, Thai Fried Rice, Smokey Eggplant and tofu, and vegetable soup. The sushi and energy bowl are also delicious. Hot pot soups are delicious, too. Salad, especially, the papaya salad is yummy.

There are so many items that I like and I keep rotating what I order.

The family is very nice and the service is very good. Sometimes they got too busy because this place has become so popular with vegans, non-vegans, and even non-vegetarians. When they are too buy, the service is a bit slower but the food is still delicious.

The taste is what I give 5 happy cows for. I think it is the best Vegetarian Vietnamese Restaurant.

Pros: Taste, Service, Price

Cons: Small restaurang, Parking is limited

Supurb is the adjectve your looking for here! - Edit

We'd been waiting for months and months wondering when it was finally going to open. But you know what? The wait was more than worth it. The food we ordered was absolutely delicious and the owner, Si, was the friendly and gracious host. Not to mention very informative and helpful with the menu and in describing how to put together our "Soy Fish" w/dill and special sauce items in our bowls. Oh and let me tell you the flavors of this dish are amazing. There's just no other way to describe it. A sizzling platter of the seafood mixture arrives at your table. You layer your bowl with the previously delivered (torn) pieces of green leaf lettuce, cilantro, mint top with some rice noodles and spoon on some of the special sauce and finally add on the seafood mixture. Oh don't forget to add some of the homemade oily chili sauce. Mix it all up with chopsticks and prepare to be blown away when you take that first bite! The oily chili sauce makes all of the flavors of this dish come together perfectly. The other dishes we enjoyed were the unique Banana Flower Tacos appetizers and the Fried Rice Thailand Style. Both were excellent as well.

Absolutely can't wait to come back and try many many more dishes. Everything on the menu looks and sounds so appetizing and inviting. Believe me when I say that this is one of those rare restaurants where if one could afford to eat there everyday, one most definitely would!

Si and his family have created a cute little ambiance as well. Clean, fresh and relaxing. We just can't say enough about Thuyen Vien except to say we wish you all the success in the world with the hope of many many great years of great dining experiences.

Glad they are back!! - Edit

Like the first reviewer, i also visited many times at their old location and waited on pins and needles for them to reopen. When we finaly found out they had we were there. The food here is incredibly delicious and they have a nice variety. Ive never been disappointed with anything i have eaten here going back to their old location. The new place looks great and the new items on the menu are awesome. More than just food, the family that owns this restaurant are great people and treat you like family each and every single time. They always have a smile and give superb service. If you have yet to try Thuyen vien, once you do you will be hooked! Theres a reason why so many people waited for Thuyen vien to re-open, people cant ignore a place that i recommended by many. Believe me, give people a few months and the reviews will start building up like they did when they were at the old location.....glad you guys are back.

Pros: food, service, price

Thuyen Vien is back! - Edit

I've been to this restaurant dozens of times at their old location, and have already been many times since they've reopened in Anaheim. This is my favorite place to eat on the planet! The family that runs Thuyen Vien is amazingly friendly, and the food is fantastic. I think I've only got two or three items left before I've tried every dish on the menu (which has grown since they've reopened), and I've always enjoyed my meals. Prices are great. Best of all, the food wins over vegetarians, vegans, and carnivores just the same. I've taken many "steak and potatoes" people here, and they've always asked me to take them back again. You need to eat here. Not to be missed.

Pros: Price, Food, Service

Cons: Not open 24 hours?

Return to Anaheim Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thuyen Vien closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8072 times since Sep 2010.