Thrive Juice Bar

• Vegan
Contact 519-208-8808

105-191 King St S (at Allen St E), Kitchener Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2J 1R1

Juice bar cafe based on Brendan Brazier's book, The Thrive Diet. Serves entrees with many raw options; curries and soups change daily. Limited seating - call ahead for reservations if table preferred.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Carley

love this place - Edit

This is my go to vegan food place. Everything is delicious. From nutrition packed smoothies to a fantastic vegan burger, super soups and decadent desserts.lots to offer here

Pros: excellent food,friendly staff

Cons: parking is not the best

Great food, when I can get there on time - Edit

This place has delicious, filling, healthy, vegan food! Checks all my boxes on the food front for sure. There is one major issue though that is stopping me from being a regular: the hours. I can't ever get there in time after work on on week day, they are only open from 11-5 on Saturdays, and are closed Sundays. If I could make one request to the owners- please, please consider having longer opening hours! :)

Pros: atmosphere, healthy and delicious

Cons: opening hours

Can't be Beat! - Edit

I agree with the one reviewer who was less than thrilled with the attitude/personality of the waitstaff. However, I only noticed it with one person, and even that person was knowledgeable and helpful. The food was fantastic. It makes me wish that I was traveling closer to Kitchner more often. Any time I'm in Stratford, it will certainly be worth the drive.

love Thrive! - Edit

we've become regulars at Thrive… staff is friendly and food is delicious. I always have the vegan pad thai and my husband loves the portebello burger. Highly recommend Thrive…just wish it were open Sundays or longer hours.

The Best - Edit

One of the best vegan restaurants in Ontario. It's like Brendan Braizer did 100 culinary pushups in each meal. Fantasic, great lunches, great smoothies.

Pros: Raw, Healthy, Delicious

Cons: Parking, Location, Hours

OMG!!!! - Edit

Went here today with me family ( husband , adult son and myself) as a result of seeing this place here on happy cow. We were down from st catharines to go to the st jacobs market. This place is a short 15 minute drive away. We actually drove past it, pulled over and checks the picture of the building on google map. This place is quaint and tucked away and well worth finding- trust me. From the amazing personal service , to the coffee, to the food we were all wowed. Every dish is prepared to order with intention and attention to detail. We had a sprout edame salad, 'burger', pad thai and portebelo mushoom sammie, and a chocolata caramel cap. Yum! Every dish was amazing! All served the right temperature , perfect seasoned and wonderfully presented. The prices are very reasonable for the qualility. Our only challenge was it was so popular ;) its a small place with 5- 6 tables for 2 and some stools at both the food prep bar and the coffee bar. We brought a stool over to accomodate our party. If your in the area this place is a must check out! Come hungry :)

Pros: Yummy, Fresh Made To Order, Amazing Service

Cons: Minimal Seating , Hard To Find The First Time

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies! - Edit

The girl who does their baking is my hero! Her double chocolate chip cookies are amazing. It's as if a soft ginger molasses cookie, and a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie had beautiful babies. They're large enough and thick enough and gooey enough that $2 a piece is understandable.

Pros: Good food, Fun atmosphere, Chef enjoys his work

Cons: Not enough seating, Hidden, Not open enough (should be 24/7, yum)

Quickly becoming my favourite lunch place - Edit

I've probably eaten at Thrive half a dozen times in the last few months. I've really enjoyed everything I've tried on the winter menu. It's all fresh, tasty and healthy. The soups are out of this world! Staff are friendly, helpful, and responsive. A few more coat hooks or a coat rack would be handy. And I wish it were bigger, with real sit down tables. (Your favourite aunt or grandmother may have problems with the bar stool type seating.) But don't let the limitations of the space deter you from an amazing, healthy lunch!

Pros: amazing food and soups, wonderful, caring staff

Cons: limited space for eating in

Great New Menu - Edit

Thrive has just launched a new menu and now they are completely vegan (they used to have some dairy, such as goat's cheese). The soups are amazing and so is the pad thai!

Pros: Healthy, Flexible, Knowledgable Staff

Cons: Limited seating

Great food not so inviting service - Edit

The food was absolutely amazing I don't fault that at all but the service was less than thrilling, I wanted to eat there, but without asking they just automatically packed up my food. They weren't mean but they defiantly were not inviting

Pros: Unreal food, Healthy

Cons: Expensive, Uninviting

Return to Kitchener Waterloo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thrive Juice Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4456 times since Mar 2011.