Third Coast Spice Cafe

Contact 219-926-5858

761 Indian Boundary Rd, Unit 6 (at Calumet Rd ), Chesterton, Indiana, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan items clearly marked on menu, including in-house-made oatmeal, fusion burrito and Moroccan lentil burrito. Gluten-free bread available. Drinks include smoothies, soy lattes, juices. Offers soy mozzarella for make-your-own scrambles and griddle sandwiches. Uses eco-friendly disposables. Mon-Sun 6:00am-3:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Juice bar, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by happycowgirl

Great place - Edit

The vibe was very relaxed in this cafe, despite the Mother's Day crowd. They were very accommodating, allowing me to substitute ingredients to make a sandwich vegan friendly. Everything we had was delicious. I look forward to going back and would highly recommend this place to anyone in the area.

Pros: kid friendly, vegan friendly, close to interstate

Absolutely amazing - Edit

The best meal my family and I had on our ten day trip in the Midwest. We are all vegetarian and my daughter is vegan and this was the perfect restaurant. Excellent service, very quick. They have an outdoor eating area if you have your dog (like us).
All the food was fresh and homemade, so tasty! So many choices for vegans and vegetarians. Highly recommend the Madras coconut curry and Da Vinci salad!

Tasty vegan options in the midst of carnivore country - Edit

On a road trip traveling through northern Indiana I found that vegan restaurants are pretty much nonexistent. Therefore I was delighted to find this small, strip mall restaurant that is open only for breakfast and lunch.

They had a wide variety of novel dishes. I had the best vegan chili I ever tasted (including mine!). I paired it with a grilled hummus & vegetable grilled sandwich with some kind of flavorful sauce on sprouted grain bread made in their bakery.

The place was packed and still our friendly waitress was super efficient getting us on the road again in short order.

Definitely a good find. I would have given it 5-stars if the HappyCow site permitted it.

Pros: Fresh, tasty, well prepared food, Unique options, Efficient staff

Cons: Serves meat

Almost Perfect - Edit

My biggest pet peeve with Third Coast is they don't serve veggie sausage. This upset me when I was vegetarian and even more so now that I'm vegan. And it makes no sense. The idea behind this restaurant is to serve something for everyone so everyone can dine together healthfully at the table. Veggie sausage would be ordered by vegetarians, vegans and even some meat eaters. For vegans, this would really add to the options on the menu and make Third Coast a place I could dine frequently, instead of just once in a while.

My rant aside, this is a wonderful cafe. There's a play table up front for kids, outdoor seating in summer, very attentive and helpful wait staff and a great menu. Vegetarians will do very well here. If you are traveling on I-90/94, take the exit for Rt. 49 south and turn left at Indiana Boundary Road (it's the first stop light). You'll see it in the small shopping mall to your left.

Return to Chesterton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Third Coast Spice Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1270 times since Sep 2012.