Thien Tam Vegetarian Restaurant

Contact 84543898220

110A Le Ngo Cat, Hue, Vietnam,

Located in the countryside, 10 minutes outside of historic Hue City, built in traditional Vietnamese design. Cozy, semi-open dining areas and artistic decor in a courtyard garden. Also exhibits paintings of well known Vietnamese artists. Specializes in traditional recipes handed down through generations. Has Wi-Fi. Reported using butter and milk, June 2016. Mon-Sun 7:30am-8:30pm

Category: Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by Sanna Lehtinen

Nice place - Edit

I came here after visiting Du Luc's Tomb, because it's not far away, and you're already in the countryside. It is in a pagoda and has a semi-formal feel. There were Vietnamese and English menus and I ordered spring rolls, noodle soup and an orange juice. The orange juice seemed freshly squeezed but wasn't chilled or iced as it is in most places in Vietnam. I was assured by the staff I spoke to that there was no fish, egg, milk, yoghurt or butter in the food, but there was a drinks menu with milk shakes and milk coffees, and a menu item involving butter. I had chosen fairly safe options, but I'm not really sure this place is completely vegan. The soup was quite delicious and fresh-tasting once I'd removed the woody lemongrass pieces from it, and had tofu plenty of vegetables, as well as pineapple, which I wouldn't have chosen. The Spring rolls were nice but fairly standard. My meal came to about VND75K, which I thought was pretty good, if not really cheap.

Pros: Decent food, Nice setting

Well...wasn't Bad - Edit

I expectedaybe too much after these reviews and the mentioned higher price. What we've received was a not bad/not putstanding dinner, but payed 325.000VND for a bit of Tofu, rice amd spring rolls. Still fair price for EU standards, but definitely expensive compared to other vegetarian restaurants. Somehow, the restaurant was full, maybe we just ordered the wrong (too simple) food? If there were not many other options around I may give it another try, but there are many other amd cheaper quan chay's in and around Hue

Pros: Furniture, Service

Cons: Price

Good, convenient if sightseeing outside town - Edit

This was a surprisingly large, surprisingly nice restaurant that felt somewhat in the middle of nowhere. It's a convenient stop if you're seeing tombs outside of town (we rode a motorbike there). The proprietor is a painter, whose work is hanging all around the restaurant as well as in his large outdoor studio/gallery, which is adjacent to the dining area.

The menu is large, and offers a number of local specialty dishes as well as standard Vietnamese fare. We tried some of the banana-leaf-wrapped cakes (good), the fig salad, and another dish that escapes me right now. The food wasn't the best we had in Vietnam, but it was still good. Prices were about double what they were at the places we went to in downtown Hue, but still reasonable by western standards. They accept credit cards.

The dining areas were very pleasant, covered but open, and fans are set up to keep diners cool. A very charming rooster sat near our table during the meal.

Pros: Good food, Pleasant setting

Cons: Smallish portions, Expensive by Vietnamese standards

Absolutely wonderful - Edit

We found this really good vegetarian restaurant by accident. We were cycling from Hue to Tu Duc mausoleum-sight and saw it on the way. It's quite easy to find.

The hot pot was the best dish we've eaten so far in Vietnam.
A blend of vegetables, mushrooms, tofus, pineapple and lots of chilli. The noodles and greens you could add yourself to the boiling pot. Nice outdoor athmosphere and reasonable prices (mains 15000-60000). Totally recommend that you bicycle there - it's not far and Vietnam needs no more pollution :)

thientamrestaurant Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We at the Thien Tam vegetarian restaurant value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon. Best Wishes and Safe Travels from the Thien Tam vegetarian restaurant.

HOÀNG THANH PHONG Mr

Skype: phongphong24
Yahoo: thientamrestaurant

For more information of Thien Tam Vegetarian restaurant, please visit:

Return to Hue Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thien Tam Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1518 times since Feb 2011.