CLOSED: Thien Tam Bivaco

2 Phan Boi Chau, Nha Trang, Vietnam

Vegetarian restaurant that is part of a hotel complex and is combined with other non-veg restaurants in the same space, while having its own specific menu. Staff is able to advise on the presence of egg or milk in dishes. Confirmed closed May 2017.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by Tiggy

closed - Edit

Tried to find this place today. The guard said it is closed

Not a good experience - Edit

Although I actually added this place to HC (as it calls itself a vegetarian restaurant), I found my whole experience here awful. The restaurant is part of a hotel complex, and so the prices and atmosphere are targeting an affluent crowd. Admittedly I got there after 8pm and by the time I was finishing it was 10pm. The restaurant was practically empty. When I asked the waiter about eggs, milk, fish sauce, etc., he seemed to become irritated. Maybe he'd had a long day with demanding customers. I ordered four dishes and the waiter had to return to tell me three of these were not available, including spring rolls. Eventually I ended up with a braised mushroom dish. It was smothered with pepper berries and very much not to my taste. I had also ordered a tofu dish, which turned out to be oversized discs of tofu swimming in a brown broth with some vegetables that looked like they were from a freezer. I acknowledge that I was there later than I had realised, but I was still appalled at how bad everything was.

Pros: Pleasant outdoor atmosphere

Cons: Food well below par for an upmarket restaurant, Significant number of menu items unavailable

Return to Nha Trang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Thien Tam Bivaco closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.