The Works Bakery Cafe

603-226-1827

42 N Main St, Concord, New Hampshire, USA, 03301

Serves meat, vegan options available. Multiple locations offering New York style bagels plus salads, smoothies, sandwiches. Could request to modify a sandwich to be vegan. Has soy cream cheese for bagels, and stocks soy milk and almond milk for coffee drinks. Open Mon-Sat 6:00am-6:00pm, Sun 6:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by JaredinIsrael

Vegan cream cheese! - Edit

I got a works bagel with tofutti cream cheese. They have plain or veggie, and the veggie was loaded with scallions - it was sooo good! The portion size was huge for the price too. I got an iced tea that was delicious as well. I saw on the coffee list that they have almond milk as well.

Pros: Vegan cream cheese , Non dairy milk

Cons: A little cramped feeling but they were very busy

NOT very vegan-friendly! - Edit

My son and I (both vegan) were looking for a convenient lunch spot and found this cafe thanks to HappyCow. The staff were fairly stumped when I asked for vegan recommendations, and it quickly became clear that vegan meant simply removing all the meat and dairy from any sandwich or salad (leaving very little). Luckily, the two soups of the day happened to be vegan, and we added a humus sandwich each. The food was pretty tasty, but way overpriced for the small servings. I would not recommend this eatery to other vegans.

Pros: Fresh, tasty food, Plenty of indoor seating

Cons: No real vegan options, Overpriced, small portions, Irresponsible use of disposables

Return to Concord Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Works Bakery Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.