The Wildcat

+44-7801937931

21 High St, Fort William, Scotland, PH336DH

Vegan eatery and coffee bar opened Jan 2018 in the Scottish Highlands. Offers coffee drinks and loose leaf teas. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:30pm, Sun 11:00am-4:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, European, Scottish

First Review by JamesDodds

Just Fabulous - Edit

Great that The Wildcat is on Happy Cow.
I have so enjoyed visiting this great new cafe.
All the food I’ve eaten has been excellent and the cakes are just fabulous. Super coffee, tea and great owners and staff. They have made this place a really good place to go either on your own or with friends. A lovely place to sit, eat and read or chat.
Good selection of larder foods to buy too.
In the short time they have been open it’s become the only place for me to have coffee, lunch or snacks. Thanks for opening it’s changed the whole town. Superb.

Pros: Coffee, Scrumptious food, Great atmosphere

Cons: Wasn’t open before 2018

StetonKrawspracht 12 Feb 2018 - Hi, thanks for the wonderful review. We've been really pleased with how quickly the community has welcomed us and we're glad you feel it's a nice place to be. Sorry for not opening sooner, but we're here now, and plan to stick around for a bit!

gorgeous - Edit

Visiting fort William, as a new vegan I wasn't expecting much but I stumbled into this little gem. Not only did it take me a second to realise I'd stumbled into a completely vegan cafe but that the food was gorgeous! The lemon cake so yummy I could have eaten the whole thing. With a little shop, great tea choices, lovely quirky setting and very friendly and helpful staff. I fell in love with it. Just disappointed I couldn't take it home with me!

StetonKrawspracht 04 Feb 2018 - Hi Rebecca, thanks for the kind words, and welcome to the world of veganism!
A lot of people say they didn't know it was vegan straightaway (someone said it was 'casually animal-product free') which is something we were aiming for, to get people in without judging it from the outside, as a result, we've had a lot of Oatly converts and minds prised open!
Hope to see you again next time you're our way.
Stephen

Second visit to The Wildcat cafe and shop. - Edit

After previous opening day visit I returned @ lunchtime during the
week had soup and sandwich which were absolutely perfect. Yet to have main meals but will add my results when I do.

Pros: All products Vegan. a good variety of both exotic , Smart, clean and thoughtful layout. Great window s, Free WiFi, Friendly and helpful staff selection of

Cons: the price is above what I normally would pay but w, busy when I've been in but served quickly, newly opened Jan 2018 so some things are still in

StetonKrawspracht 04 Feb 2018 - Hi James, thanks again for coming in and supporting us.
Glad you like what we've done. We've had a few comments about the price since we opened. For us, we didn't want to open a vegan cafe that used cheap ingredients that didn't reflect our ethical approach to business. Cheap food costs money through taxes and environmental damage further down the line. Some of our products are more expensive than other places in town, but our margins remain lower. Any extra cost goes into the quality of ingredients and paying our staff more than the minimum wage, which we thing translates into better value. I think you don't drink coffee, but for example, we use ethical direct trade speciality coffee, which is more expensive to us, then cow's milk costs 44p/litre whereas Oatly Barista costs us £1.50/liter, a cost we decided early on not to pass on to customers (I've been to so many coffee shops where I've had to pay an extra 30-60p more for the privilege of having Oatly). We hope to educate people about where our food comes from versus cheaper food outlets and why we can't sell our food for the same as other High Street businesses without reducing the quality to a level we are not prepared to pass on. For me personally, I would rather save up and spend an afternoon somewhere I loved visiting once a week than go to a large chain every day and have a mediocre coffee or food. Thanks for the papers the otters day, catch up soon,

Return to Fort William Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Wildcat closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.