The Wild Carrot

• Vegetarian
Contact 410-560-3133

2149 York Rd (at Timonium Rd), Timonium, Maryland, USA, 21093

Vegetarian deli and cafe located inside The Natural Market store. Vegetarian prepared foods, juice bar, and vegan baked goods. Gluten free and raw options available. Previously named The Natural Brothers Deli Cafe.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by RHELM

okay - Edit

The vegan options are pretty standard and are not too exciting, such as hummus and avocado and such on sandwiches. I got the vegan turkey club sandwich, which was tasty but seemed expensive for something I can make at home with Tofurky slices and tempeh and Vegenaise (that is indeed what they used because I asked). It also took a while to be made despite there only being one other person waiting.

Pros: a few vegan options

Cons: not too cheap, wait is long

Now THIS is the reason to visit the Natural Market - Edit

Yummy cookies, lovely juices and nice sandwiches -- all healthy and made to order. Staff varies, but the food is quite good. Small but excellent selection, and you could live on the juices/smoothies alone.

Pros: Yummy, made to order, individual attention

Cons: staff varies in terms of attitude, tiny seating area -- in a "store", can be loud -- take out is best bet

Healthy AND Delish! - Edit

This little cafe has wonderful dishes and fresh made-to-order juices! There are "deli" type dishes that are always available as well. Staff is wonderful.

Pros: fresh juice, vegan options, healthy

Cons: wait time for food

Not impressed - Edit

I was doing a bit of taste testing over at McCormick and used the new HappyCow app to locate a spot to grab some lunch afterwards and thought this place was going to be 'THE spot.' The service was slow and the food was pretty bland. I had the lentil burger with a side of rosemary potatoes. I also had one of the freshly juiced specials. My order took forever to be ready and I had to go back to the counter (where they attempted to charge me again) prior to leaving to request my potatoes. The burger was tasteless (the pickles were the hero of the whole sandwich for me) and when I did get the fries...I wished that I hadn't spent money on them. Although the three people working that day did some joking around together-they didn't have any friendly interaction with the customers. And for it to be such a tiny spot, it'd be nice if the people standing 5ft away from you could send a smile your way (if not some polite chatter). Oh yeah, there were two kids (I believe the children of someone that works there) just all over the place and a bit in the way.

Pros: shopping while you wait, freshly juiced beverages

Cons: tasteless food, slow service, less than friendly staff

Best of Baltimore - Edit

I loved eating here. It was some of the best food I have had in a long time. They are friendly and knowledgeable about healthy living. And yum yum! The sun burger was the first thing I tried and I got it many times after. It was so good, how could anything be better? But there probably are many other tasty things! The brothers are starting a vegetarian home delivery service soon. This awesomeness will come to my door? Woo hoo!

Pros: Yummy, Friendly

Cons: A little pricey

Return to Timonium Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Wild Carrot closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3117 times since Oct 2007.