The Wild Burrito

• Veg-friendly
Contact 609-523-9453

6300 New Jersey Ave, Wildwood Crest, New Jersey, USA, 08260

Serves meat, vegan options available. Causal restaurant offering made-to-order burritos and tacos, so you choose what you'd like. Has a breakfast scrambled tofu, seitan filling, vegan cheese, dairy-free sour cream, and the beans & rice are vegan. Uses separate cookware for the veg items. For dessert, vegan brownies.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by shineonyou

Pineapple Burrito with Avocado Fries - Edit

If you are looking for something vegan after a day on the sand, this place is for you. Casual indoor or outdoor eating or take it to go.
There's a big sign that says "Home of the Avocado Fries" and they taste like fried avocado - think about it - something I'd certainly never do at home.
The Vegan Al Pastor Burrito was big with a bounty of white rice and black beans (enough for two, or a hungry one person). Seitan and pineapple made it deliciously fun, but need to dominate; they got squeezed into the corner by all the rice and beans.
I'd prefer lots of veggies and maybe even the avocado in the burrito, but they have a good start. The ranch sauce was top.
This may not be as good as what one can get vegan in other cities, but for the Wildwoods, it's great!

Pros: friendly staff, kid-friendly

Cons: no indoor bathroom, use the port-a-pot

Highly Recommend! - Edit

My family has a place in Wildwood so I come down every summer for a visit with my daughters.It's always difficult to find a vegan place to eat. I was excited when I found The Wild Burrito. I had the Avocado Fries (Awesome!) and the Vegan Chipotle BBQ Burrito(Fantastic!). My kids enjoyed it too and wanted to come back for breakfast. It's a very casual place with minimal seating. I will see them again in the summer.

Pros: Good selection, Good value, Great food

Cons: Limited Seating

Okay If You're Coming Off The Beach - Edit

Me and my hubby were looking for a nice, vegan restaurant to go to dinner on a Sunday night in Wildwood. This isn't it. You have to go up and order your food, which gets served to you in plastic baskets. Like I said, this is great if you're coming off the beach and need to grab a snack or lunch. I thought the prices were a little high, too. Will probably never go back there.

Pros: Vegan Selections, Quick Service

Cons: Limited Seating, No Service, Expensive

Delicious, fresh, and numerous vegan choices - Edit

I was really impressed! They have a vegan version of pretty much everything on the menu, and everything I had was really fresh and delicious. We went for dinner and liked it so much we went back the next day for breakfast. Plus they have four kinds of Cholula hot sauce and on weekend mornings La Colombe coffee. If you're in this area, you definitely need to stop here.

I would like to give this place five cows, but Happy Cow won't let me because they serve non-vegetarian food.

Return to Wildwood Crest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Wild Burrito closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1709 times since May 2014.