The Wedge Pizzeria

Contact 405-270-0660

230 NE 1st St (at downtown OKC), Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA, 73104

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzeria with 2 locations. This downtown one can make a pizza or the wedge bread with vegan crust and vegan cheese. Fun atmosphere, large portions. Has salads and will make a vegan antipasto platter. Has a vegan sorbet. Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by jewel123

poor service - Edit

We arrived on a hot night with a group of hungry teens. They had PLENTY of outdoor seating but wouldn't seat us because the manager, who barked at us when we walked in, "Anyone waiting now has a 30-40 minute wait!", said they were too backed up in the kitchen because they were short staffed and wanted to catch up. Then after waiting for 15 minutes he told everyone waiting that they were closing in an hour and didn't have the staff to give us the service they wanted to be able to give so sent everyone waiting away. He did give us a suggestion where to go. He apologized and said he would take care of us if we came back another day. Nah...

PIIIIIIIZZZZAAAAAA!!! - Edit

I was in OKC for a conference and afeared for my vegan options. "The Brandon" pizza, part of the regular menu at The Wedge, put those fears to rest. Ordered it in personal size; it's the perfect combination of sweet, savory, crunchy, and chewy. You can also build your own vegan pizza with a large variety of veg options. Very friendly and attentive service, and excellent selection of local beer.

Pros: Delicious, Atmosphere, Beer

Cons: I don't live here and can't visit again, No delivery

Pizza! Pizza! Pizza! - Edit

I really like this place. They have a separate vegan menu! Ask for it before you're seated. I've tried most of the vegan pizzas, and they are delicious. If you're not feeling like eating a ton of bread, they have several great salads. Their sorbet isn't listed on the menu, but is vegan as well, and they usually have different flavor options. Their food is moderately priced. Less than you would spend on customizing a delivery pizza, and much better quality. I do wish they had an actual vegan cheese option, such as Daiya. Overall, if you want pizza that you don't have to buy and bake, this is the place to go.

Pros: Separate vegan menu!, Delicious food!, Moderately priced!

Cons: No vegan cheese option.

Excellent and Vegan friendly!! - Edit

I'm traveling for work and was looking for a vegan place for dinner close to my hotel. The Wedge popped up saying vegan options available. I'd been here once before in my pre-vegan days so was really excited they still had options for me. I explained to my super friendly server my eating habits, he quickly told me he was vegan too and told me they actually have a separate vegan menu! There were still a lot of options for me! I took his suggestion and went with the truffle shuffle pizza and is was amazing!! Had six slices and I totally could have eaten them all but saved two for my lunch tomorrow. I absolutely recommend this place and if I could I'd give it 5 STARS! Check it out and remember to ask for the vegan menu!

Pros: Separate VEGAN menu, friendly staff, great atmosphere

Vedge at the wedge - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised to find this place. A great place with food this is actually great for is vegetarians and vegans! The trio appetizer is wonderful with a red pepper hummus, olive & caper tapenade & an artichoke spread. I also had the vedge pizza topped with arugula. This is how real pizza tastes! No soggy crust here! The crispy, charred crust was perfect with good quality, fresh toppings. They also serve meat items but have wonderful options for those of us that prefer to not eat animals!
I eat at the Bricktown location. It is a cool, funky, dive place. It is now one of my favorite places!

Pros: Wonderful food with fresh ingredients, Great service, Local musicians play evenings on patio

Cons: Difficult to find, Parking can be difficult to find, Very small place

Not bad - Edit

As a vegan, i was hoping to eat a pizza with vegan cheese. I called ahead and was told the location offered vegan cheese, but when i tried to order it that night, they were out. The pizza was not bad, though. I would recommend it--especialy if they are not out of cheese when you go.

Great pizza - Edit

This was delicious pizza. We started with a salad which was yummy. We built our own pizza which was great because cheese counted as a topping so without cheese we got extra veggies.

Pros: good pizza, large portions, nice salads

Return to Oklahoma City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Wedge Pizzeria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2767 times since Jul 2010.