First Review by jon active

Lovely pancakes and welcome - Edit

We had a lovely lemon and sugar pancake, we came for lunch on Wednesday that was the only choice but it tasted great ;)

Had a nice drink each and for 2 pancakes and drinks £7 was excellent was told there would be quiche and jacket potatoes at other times, and was just unlucky coming today but assured would be able to get pancake at any time!

Hope to go back another time and sample the rest of the menu!

Update April 2016

Cafe has had a facelift and a little easier to find from the outside. Still lively welcome and amazing pancakes.

I had a superb beetroot burger with salad in a pancake and hot chocolate and a lemon and sugar pancake for after.

Going back on Wednesday as from 12:30 that is the buffet day and there will be lots of meals on offer ;)

Pros: Clean, Tasty, Cheap

Cons: Lack of choice

vegan haven - Edit

What a great find!

We are on holiday in Bluestone and this was the nearest veg*n cafe to here so we made the journey and weren't disappointed.

We were greeted by the lovely Raymond who was very friendly, accommodating and a fantastic cook.

Me (vegan) and my wife (meat eater) both had vegan pancakes stuffed with red lentils and tomatoes topped with a creamy white sauce with onions and beans. The dish was finished with roast potatoes, chickpeas and lettuce. Nourishing and warming food. We were both very full and satisfied after. I had the stewed fruit with coconut cream to take away and that was delicious.

My 18 month old daughter came and had a great time walking around the cafe which has lovely paintings, catches the sun beautifully (tables in the shade too) and even a sea glimpse view.

It's great to come somewhere that has such original food that is something a bit different. Everything was vegan and gluten free although dairy milk was available which my wife was relieved about. I'd definitely recommend.

Okay - Edit

Updated from previous review on Friday February 27, 2015

Milford Haven has a vegan cafe!!! - Edit

The Walnut Cafe is a lovely little unassuming space at the end of a row of shops in the rather dismal town centre of Milford Haven, disguised as part of an estate agents!
It's not 100% vegan but rather 70 or 80% vegan so make sure you ask.
The buffet was a simple, old school salad style one with a tasty nut roast and herby sweet potatoes. We followed that with the carrot cake, that was more of a sweet carrot pudding :).
It would have been good to have had something warm on offer too. There's a good selection of teas and friendly staff to serve it including a rather colourful elderly character!
To set up a veggie outlet in such a place is a brave venture and needs the support of all who can. There is after all nowhere within many miles of The Walnut Cafe that offers vegan fayre, so here's hoping it's still there the next time I visit the beautiful coast of Pembokshire.

Pros: Vegan food in Pembrokeshire!!!??!!?! :), Not expensive., A buffet service.

Cons: No hot food in buffet., No sugar free desserts., Only open during daytime.

Has CLOSED: The Walnut Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.