The Wala Room

Contact 951909193

Calle la Toja 1, Local 7, Torremolinos, Spain, 29620

Re-opened in 2015 under change of management. Health food restaurant offering vegan and raw food options with a range of fresh salads plus sprali courgettes, house-made burgers, natural soft drinks, organic smoothies, and raw desserts. Open Thu-Sun 1:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Spanish

First Review by AnAnaN

Wonderful food, friendly staffs - Edit

I go and eat there each time I'm around in Malaga. The menu is limited with a dozen of dishes or so, but so yummy and original items are there. Some are fully raw, like the amazing chocolate tart.

Pros: Open late, Informal, Friendly

best burgers ever, awesome location & interior - Edit

Seriously hands down burgers, you get them with homemade mayo, raw home made ketchup & mustard.

Zups and home makes dinks are really good. They serve a healthy mix of raw and cooked food.

Great find! - Edit

Purposefully drove to find this place and so glad we did! Nachos with melted cheese were heaven and the burger was the best I have ever had and i have tried lots on my travels! Good to see lots of people there too. Staff were really friendly and explained what was in every menu option. Dessert was amazing. We literally ate til we could burst. What a great find and not expensive either. We ended up eating here three times as the food was so amazing and tried nearly everything on the menu! The carob, avocado & walnut pie was amazing. Best desert ever!

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-09

Pros: Super helpful staff, Loads of choice , Great value

Cons: None!

Great Vegan Place in Toremolinos - Edit

The food is delicious and service is excellent!! We went there from Malaga on purpose and it was totally worth it! Reservation is advised because the place is quite small and very busy in the summer!

yummy - Edit

Very tasty food, owner was very knowledgable. The nachos are so tasty! Even my meat eating other half loved it. I had a Mexican burger and he had a zoodle carbonara, I'd recommend both. Loads of raw deserts to choose from and smoothies are divine.

Pros: good choice , you get healthy choices , lovely outside seating area

We came back 3 times in one holiday - Edit

The food was really good and the owner a good guy! We loved the good atmosphere here and we decided to eat at the Wala Room 3 times in a one week holiday. Usually we don't even enjoy eating out that much!

A rare gem in Costa Del Sol! - Edit

Chose to go there for dinner with wife and my five year old boy after reading decent reviews here on happy cow. We were not disappointed at all! Everything we ate was awesome. The nachos and the lentil burger were my pick of the evening though. The owner was very passionate about the menu and vegan food in general and spoke very good english. The food was reasonably priced too!

A+++

Updated from previous review on Friday April 01, 2016

Pros: Delicious and healthy food, Friendly owner, Good value

Fantastic Vegan Restaurant - Edit

So pleased to have found this place! The menu is totally vegan and the food is wonderful. We shared a Caprese salad to start and then had the Carbonara which is spiralised cougettes in a creamy mushroom sauce. The carob tart we had for desert was to die for. Owner is passionate about veganism. This restaurant is a bit out of the way but worth seeking out. Wish we'd found it earlier in our holiday, we would have eaten there every night!

Excellent in every way - Edit

This place is fantastic! We ate the nachos as a starter and two beautiful, big salads to share as mains before finishing off with a chocolate and banana raw vegan cake. Incredible. Makes me so happy to find places like this with passionate owners in my travels :) Definitely come here if you get the chance!

A gem/Una delicia - Edit

Menu with a selection of vegan and raw vegan dishes as well as freshly made smoothies, juices and desserts. Relaxing and laid-back atmosphere as well as outdoor seating. Delicious food and desserts. We had the classic burger, fettucine alfredo s well as a raw apple pie for dessert. The staff were lovely and attentive. Reasonable prices. Highly recommended.

Menu vegano y crudivegano con entradas, platos principles, postres, batidos y jugos. Ambiente relajante y comida deliciosa de precios razonables. El personal es bastante agradable. Lo recomiendo en su totalidad.

Pros: Outdoor seating, Strictly vegan, Raw vegan options

A lovely place, highly recommend it - Edit

Being new to Malaga and surrounding areas we were keen to experience what vegan options were available. There are two vegan restaurants listed on Happy Cow and we ate at them consecutively. It was a bonus that the husband of the couple running it speaks English and took us through the menu in great detail and with heartfelt passion. The food was delicious and my only criticism is that there could have been a few more chips on the side of my burger. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for the food, location and lovely owners.

Pros: Nice mix of cooked and raw, Spoke English, Nice ambience

Cons: Portions a bit small

How Lovely is that! - Edit

This place is amazing. A warm-hearted couple took over this place a few months ago. All Vegan & mostly raw.
We went there twice and had salats, juices, the wok dish and we also tried out some of the sweets.
When they heard that my husban has birthday, they came out with a piece of raw cocolate cake with a candle in.
How lovely is that!!!

We wish them the best of luck with this place

A Must-Go - Edit

Nevermind the old reviews as they refer to the previous management... actually no, consider them for the excellent ratings and transfer them to the work the new owners are doing. Besides being super friendly, these two guys are very knowledgeable about how to prepare and serve food. You can taste their passion in every plate, especially because they do almost everything themselves: cheese for the nachos, mayo, ketchup, drinks...
The environment is also very nice and relaxing, ideal to chill from a hot Andalusian day.
It is like 5 minutes from the airport, so you have no excuses not to go and try it! Even because it is worth more that a simple visit.

Amazing food and place - Edit

This is the vegan place of Torremolinos.
Excellent food for very reasonable prices, and with a lots of raw options. The pizzas are delicious with their fine paste. The vegan cheese used is perfect, as well as vegan meat. The burgers and sandwiches are also very well balanced and rich.
The general ambience of the restaurant is very nice, close to the beach. Highly recommendable place.

Pros: lovely food (including raw), nice place and location, very affordable

Cons: one beverage with honey on drink card

I love this place! - Edit

This place is amazing. It is close to the beach, there are comfortable lounge seatings outside (or regular tables or bar seats if prefered). The atmosphere is relaxing with great classic rock music.
I love the food. It is not expensive at all though it tastes great and you get a lot for your buck. The pizza's are great, the burger costs about 5 euros and it tasted so close to a 'real' hamburger with lovely soy-mayonaise and tomato-sauce and it is BIG, it was a whole meal for me. The tapas are really inventive such as small tomatoes filled with a spinach-pesto topped with soy mayonaise and a lovely melon/cucumber salad.

Raw-veggies: you can't skip this place since the cook is also a raw-foodie so he absolutely knows what he is doing and a lot of plates are raw yet amazing.

The staff is very nice, though one of them (I think she is the owner) does not speak much English. The menu is in English though - don't be put off by that menu mentioning 'hamburger'/'yoghurt'/'ham' etc, these are all plant-based versions. The cook speaks English very well and came out to chat with us because it wasn't busy. We had a very inspiring talk about veganism and food.

Do stop by if you are in the area, I went there three times since I was in Torremolinos twice during my trip through Spain!

Pros: Amazing food, Good ambiance and decor, Very affordable

Return to Torremolinos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Wala Room closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5019 times since Aug 2013.