The Vineyard Vegetarian Cafe

706-857-6087

9974 Commerce St, Summerville, Georgia, USA, 30747

Food is plant-based and dairy-free. Find soups, salads, sandwiches, sides, desserts, plus a juice and smoothie menu. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-3:00pm, Fri 7:00am-1:30pm, Sun 10:00am-2:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Flown

What a find❗ - Edit

Amazing! I'm driving through rural Georgia. There's barely any cell coverage. Confederate flags hanging everywhere and everyone I see is wearing camo. Then, I stumble upon the most charming vegan restaurant.

The atmosphere is charming, and the food is some of the best vegan food I've ever had.

The restaurant is run by an adorable family who has taken on the mission of educating this barbecue eating portion of the world on the healthy aspects of eating vegan.

Pros: Great food, Great service!, adorable location

unexpected find! - Edit

My husband and I were leaving our honeymoon in Mentone and decided to check HappyCow to find a place for lunch on the way home. The Vineyard wasn't on our way but looked too promising not to go. So we made our way to the little town of Summerville. I was a little worried as the town is so small it didn't seem like it would have a vegetarian joint.
Boy was I glad to be wrong! This place is mostly vegan (does use honey in some recipes so if you don't eat honey be sure to ask!) and entirely vegetarian. I had the Summervillian cheese steak and was very impressed with the seasoning and the quality of the cashew cheese. My husband had the tofu burrito and immediately asked if I could try to make tofu "eggs" like that at home. We both also tried the fresh pressed juices and were astounded. Even the ketchup is fresh made. The atmosphere is very friendly and the owner struck up a nice conversation with us. It's very clean and very affordable as well. We got 2 juices, 2 entrees, 2 smoothies, and 2 to go entrees for under $50!
I highly recommend this for vegetarians and non vegetarians alike. We will definitely be back even with the hour drive it is from our home.

Pros: vegetarian , good variety, atmosphere

Shocked and delighted! - Edit

I had zero expectations of finding vegan food in Summerville, but I took a chance and was beyond happy when this restaurant popped up on Happy Cow! The couple who opened it in February are super sweet and, since they homeschool, you're likely to meet their kids, too.

Pros: The food was tasty! I love a veggie burger that's , My friend had the golden tofu scramble and yellow , Tried two of the smoothies and both were great.

Cons: The presentation was not exciting, but I didn't ca, It wasn't particularly fast, but vegan food rarely

Must go! - Edit

This is a wonderful place! If you have the opportunity to stop by, you will be most pleased. The vegan brunch is excellent and the owners are extraordinarily kind. We really enjoyed our afternoon there, and we will be back!

Pros: all vegan, kind owners , excellent food!

An oasis of fresh healthy food! - Edit

It's HARD to find plant-based food in the south...especially in small towns in the south, but we are so happy we found this place! On our way to see Paradise Gardens (Howard Finster's home), we came across The Vineyard, and we were so glad we did.
The food was more than amazing (I practically licked the bowl from my squash soup) with a variety of food to choose from. FRESH PRESSED JUICES!! YAY!!
The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. The owners are husband and wife who couln't be nicer. The energy in this place is fueled by love.

What I also found out was that this couple along with medical professionals from the area offer a 10 day jump start program on health and wellness with cooking classes and full meals for 10 days. It's really amazing how they are helping people in this town!
I would definitely return!

Pros: very delicious meals, friendly owners who care, food is fresh and healthy

Cons: too far from my house :)

Best Food For Your Money! - Edit

I have never eaten so much food that was so good for me in my life! I am in love with the Summervillian Cheese Steak Sandwich, the Commerce Street Hash, and the Shirley's Pile-up!!! I had the Bella Burger yesterday. Wow! so good. I love that I can get Gluten Free and Soy Free when I ask for it. The Gluten Free Carrot Cake is to die for delicious!!!

Pros: Excellent Food, Nice Small Town Atmosphere, Family Run Business

Great, unexpected vegan cafe in Summerville - Edit

Completely vegan breakfast, brunch and lunch plus juices and smoothies, and grocery! Note they are closed Saturdays, OPEN Sundays. This place is family-run and their young children are darling when they come out and quietly play nearby. The family is Seventh-Day Adventist (Christian), and there are some unobtrusive faith-based quotations and materials available to customers. I'm not a member of their church (or any church), and the religious "hints" don't bother me because it's just like many places here in the south that do the same. Some of u might feel differently, tho. So keep that in mind.

They are so nice, and the place has been nicely decorated. The food has been really good--I've tried the portobella "burger", which is my fave. They have good noodle soup and lentil soup. I had a tropical smoothie and that was great. They Offer baked goods, but I'm always too full.

Delicious food. Awkward atmosphere. - Edit

I would have rated this restaurant much higher, but the atmosphere tarnished the experience a bit for me.

It can be difficult to find plant-based or vegan food in the area, so I was delighted to see this restaurant open in Summerville.

The food was pretty delicious and inexpensive, and the owners were very friendly too.

So what am I complaining about? I am not big on mixing religion and food. I am absolutely supportive of the personal freedom to practice public prayer at the dinner table, but I really don't want to be surrounded by religious literature, Bible quotes, and prayer request jars (or handed religious pamphlets). I know this is pretty commonplace in the South, but it can make nonbelievers or followers of other faiths feel very awkward.

I would likely order takeout from this restaurant--but I am unlikely to return for a dine-in visit.

Pros: Inexpensive

Cons: Nonsecular

Return to Summerville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Vineyard Vegetarian Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.