The Views Vegetarian Restaurant

( 1 review )

99 Martin Farm Rd (at Kimi Ora Eco Resort), Kaiteriteri, New Zealand

Resort restaurant catering primarily for staying guests but is open to outside bookings for dinner - be sure to specify vegan when making your reservation. Dinner is all-you-can-eat buffet style; drinks are extra. Ocean view. Open Mon-Sat 6:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Buffet, Beer/Wine

1 Review

First Review by drsnuggles79

Vegan friendly but a la carte only - Edit

If you call a day before eating there and mention that a vegan meal is required the very friendly staff will gladly inform the chef, so you'll find a vegan choice throughout the next days menu.

In our case we had an apple-celery soup with croutons which was very balanced and tasty. As a main we had the tofu curry with perfectly cooked veges, couscous and yummy roasted tofu slices - all with a light spicy flavour which was just right.

Our dessert was a apple blueberry crumble which normally comes with ice cream. The vegan option was, well, to just opt it out. This was a bit disappointing as buying some vegan icecream shouldn't be that hard.

Overall we had a nice evening, as the food was really very good, well portioned but nothing special and offering vegan options by just letting away (in this case icecream) shows a lack of understanding and/or appreciation of vegan customers, at least for me. Also I didn't like the old fashioned quartz crystal lamps on the tables which give the place a bit of a cheap look. Hopefully the owners or the chef will find this critic helpful to improve in this matters.

This said I have to mention that the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, they even offered us to have a look at their very own glowing worms track at night which definately was worth the money we paid for the dinner! I reckon that the track is for hotel guests only. Also, when you are lucky, you'll get a table with sea view or even outside seating, with great with towards Kaiteriteri beach!

Pros: very tasty food, great views, very friendly staff

Cons: not many choices as vegan, interior needs a bit improvement

Return to Kaiteriteri Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Views Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.