The Views Restaurant at Kimi Ora Spa Resort

Contact 03-527-8027

99 Martin Farm Road, Kaiteriteri, New Zealand,

Caters primarily for guests staying at its spa resort accommodation but welcomes outside bookings for dinner. Vegans catered for, especially if you call 1 day in advance to book. Dinner is a buffet style 4 course meal, with a different menu each night, price is around $NZ35 per person, all you can eat. Drinks are extra. Stunning views of the ocean from the restaurant.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Buffet, Beer/Wine

First Review by drsnuggles79

Vegan friendly but a la carte only - Edit

If you call a day before eating there and mention that a vegan meal is required the very friendly staff will gladly inform the chef, so you'll find a vegan choice throughout the next days menu.

In our case we had an apple-celery soup with croutons which was very balanced and tasty. As a main we had the tofu curry with perfectly cooked veges, couscous and yummy roasted tofu slices - all with a light spicy flavour which was just right.

Our dessert was a apple blueberry crumble which normally comes with ice cream. The vegan option was, well, to just opt it out. This was a bit disappointing as buying some vegan icecream shouldn't be that hard.

Overall we had a nice evening, as the food was really very good, well portioned but nothing special and offering vegan options by just letting away (in this case icecream) shows a lack of understanding and/or appreciation of vegan customers, at least for me. Also I didn't like the old fashioned quartz crystal lamps on the tables which give the place a bit of a cheap look. Hopefully the owners or the chef will find this critic helpful to improve in this matters.

This said I have to mention that the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, they even offered us to have a look at their very own glowing worms track at night which definately was worth the money we paid for the dinner! I reckon that the track is for hotel guests only. Also, when you are lucky, you'll get a table with sea view or even outside seating, with great with towards Kaiteriteri beach!

Pros: very tasty food, great views, very friendly staff

Cons: not many choices as vegan, interior needs a bit improvement

Return to Kaiteriteri Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Views Restaurant at Kimi Ora Spa Resort closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 831 times since Jan 2010.