The V:F - Daan Park

Contact 02-27067755

7, 2F, Sec. 3, Xinyi Rd, Daan District, Taipei, Taiwan,

One of a few locations in Taipei, this one is right by the Da-an Park at 信義路三段7號2F. Offers slightly fancy vegetarian food cafe in a modern, nice atmosphere. Menu features a mix of Italian, Indian, French, and Taiwanese. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Bakery, Taiwanese

First Review by alee41

Terrible Attitude - Edit

We were looking forward to visiting this restaurant for lunch. We were a party of two adults and four children.
The restaurant was not busy and there were plenty of seats available, however the staff refused to accommodate our party of six, we had to sit in two separate groups. We offered to squeeze around two tables together , but they didn't want to move additional chairs in. They were not apologetic nor did they offer an explanation (we had Chinese speakers with us).

looked promising... - Edit

we saw this restaurant listed on happycow and as we were nearby we thought it would be good to try something quickly. The decor and layout were nice enough and you could see the kitchen as it was basically where the bar would be, if this were just a bar. The menu had a reasonable amount of choice, although it was mainly western style food, so if you wanted Taiwanese cuisine, you will be left wanting. The prices were quite expensive compared to nearly all other restaurants we've been to in Taipei, and while we're not opposed to spending more, the portions were fairly small for the price.

Onto the food; I ordered a veggie pizza, and was quite disappointed to be honest. First off I don't expect pizza in Taiwan to be the same or as good as in Europe, but the fact that it had been pre-prepared, frozen then thawed before being put into the oven doesn't suggest that this is proper cooking to me, and because of this, the pizza base wasn't in the least bit crispy, as it should be (or as the picture implied on the actual menu picture), instead tasting like day-old, uncooked pitta bread with vegetables on top.

Being able to See just exactly what was being 'cooked', very quickly told us that this wasn't a place that took restaurant cuisine seriously, and the more we saw the kitchen staff, and what they did (or didn't do) in the preparation of meals suggested they were barely trained for the job.

I noticed a few hygiene issues too, like staff handling money one minute and cutting fruit the next, without washing their hands. This also raised a red flag to me and my wife.

In conclusion, for the size and quality of the portions, this is way overpriced for Taipei, so we definitely won't be going back again.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 07, 2014

Pros: pleasant staff, good location, modern decor

Cons: small portions, not real cooking, hygiene issues

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The V:F - Daan Park closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.